Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 170
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 170
I have just moved 7.3 to a new server and my global rss feed stopped updating - the last post is from the old server just before I moved last night.'

Any hints on what I should be checking?

The permissions for the cache directory is set to 777 but funny thing is when I use the "Permission Checks" feature in the Control Panel - it says "cache (FAIL)", There are other "fails" on that list too - like "Sessions" - but except for the RSS feed everything else seems to be working.


UBB user since 1998
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Well, it's "failing" because it's unable to see a file or folder has proper permissions; go check to make sure that all files within the folders are chmodded 666.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 170
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 170
Thanks Gizmo - chmod to 666 fixes the FAIL problem in the permission check. I don't think it has fixed the RSS problem though as I made a test post and it has not come on the feed yet.

Anything else I should check?


UBB user since 1998
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 170
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 170
My test post came through - so it looks like that did the trick - thanks again!


UBB user since 1998
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
you also have myfeeds available, if you enable them. that makes feeds automatically available depending upon what forums the user can see.. no chmod, no nada.. just check it enabled and *poof*

2c

interesting that it's not turned on for these forums :shrug:

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 170
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 170
I just noticed that tab when I was poking about - am not sure how it works - and filed it away in my "to do list" smile


I guess I would have to set up all of the individual feeds for all of the forums for it to work. If I have 30 forums, what happens? Does a list appear somewhere for members to choose from or do I have to make a list myself?


UBB user since 1998
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
nope, you don't have to do anything except enable it..

then each user can only get feeds for the forums that they are allowed to see..

it's automatic..

then each person, just goes to my stuff -> my feeds and *poof* a list of all feeds that they can see.. no manual setup at all..

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 170
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 170
Hey! You gotta like that!


UBB user since 1998

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 304 guests, and 96 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)