Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#213373 05/25/2008 2:25 AM
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 33
R
newbie
newbie
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 33
Once upon a time UBBT had user-settable preferences for:

1) the default age of threads to be displayed

2) textarea columns and rows

3) whether to show the forum/post being viewed when visible on Who's Online

I haven't followed all the releases and haven't found mention in the old threads I've read here so don't know when those user prefs were removed, but AFAICT they're not in 7.2.2 or 7.3. Any chance they'll be back in the future?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
#1 exists, "Show Topics" on the postlist page.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 33
R
newbie
newbie
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 33
Close, but no cigar. wink

"Show Topics" on the postlist page affects one forum and only temporarily. The user pref I miss set the default for every forum and persisted from visit to visit.


Running UBB.threads 7.5.5 as of May 23 2010
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
yah, i'd like to see 1 and 2 come back.. i get complaints about both all the time..

not a LOT, but enough to be a pain smile

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Oh, user overrides; check.. +1


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)