Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#213821 06/01/2008 2:08 AM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1

The son of a deceased member of my boards was looking up some of his dad's old posts. I never noticed this error, but my consigliere said:

Quote
paul's son was online and i pm'd him... he said he was looking for some of paul's old threads and when i went to get him some links to them, i got this error message:

***************************************************

There was a compilation error while loading the UBB.classic libraries and data files:

Can't locate /home2/gbb/public_html/cgi-bin/vars_display.cgi in @INC (@INC contains: ./Modules . /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl) at ultimatebb.cgi line 129.


Please make sure that you uploaded the CGI and Variables files to the proper directory, permissions are set properly on the files, and that paths in the control panel are set correctly.

***************************************************

the message comes up trying to access most of the old threads

I have recently been trying to delete some /www/ubb/Forums, but haven't touched /cgi-bin/vars_display.cgi (it's still there) or any other .cgi files. Those files shouldn't even been looked at, should they, with the redirector scripts? I thought you only needed the 2 redirect scripts and could safely delete all the other Classic files...?




GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
I didn't use the Perl redirector scripts I just wrote my own as a simple redirect to the new message board location as I couldn't get the UBB redirect to work at all.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
This looks like they are hitting the old classic installation. The redirect scripts don't use any of the actual classic libraries, they are just standalone.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
hmm... sounds like the redirector scripts in the classic importer file didn't get uploaded.


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by Thelockman
I didn't use the Perl redirector scripts I just wrote my own as a simple redirect to the new message board location as I couldn't get the UBB redirect to work at all.


If you're getting blank pages, try setting the 301/302 line to "0"


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)