Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Journeyman
Journeyman
M Offline
I would like to insert a specific topic into another web page, but without all of the border boxes. Is there any way for me to link to the topic only without the rest of the forum page being displayed?

Currently I am using an inline frame to accomplish this, which lets me see the topic but since the entire UBB page is inserted into the inline frame it looks awfully cluttered.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Not a link that I'm aware of, but you could do a PHP query and grab the data and feed it back in any layout format you want.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by ntdoc
you could do a PHP query and grab the data and feed it back in any layout format you want.
recommended

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
M
Journeyman
Journeyman
M Offline
Is there anywhere I could go for an example of how a PHP query might be designed? Something that was done for another UBB.threads site would be particularly appreciated!

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
i'd grab a custom portal and use that.

cache_builders/custom/portal_box_10.php for example..

put all of your query code in there

then grab templates/default/portal_box_10.tpl and get rid of the $tbopen and $tbclose crapola

set that in your portal settings to always build..

then in your web page.. include cache/portal_box_10.php and it will display what you want smile

another way to do it is to use a 'generic page outside of threads' (topic over @ ubbdev) example..

for a novice or NON programmer, it might suck.. but i can help you if you need.. just need to be more specific and PM me the info..

if it's a custom portal, i can even prolly post it here.. otherwise it might be best over @ ubbdev

M
Journeyman
Journeyman
M Offline
I greatly appreciate your offer to help. I am the state chairman for USA Wrestling-Kansas, a volunteer role in an organization with well over 8,000 wrestlers. I do not have any significant programming skills, but I do my best to try and provide current information for the wrestlers, their parents and fans.

USA Wrestling conducts a Junior National tournament each year, which is the pinnacle event for the state associations, including ours. I have a page dedicated to this event, and want to embed two topics directly into the page. My website is at www.usawks.com and the current year's national championship page is at www.usawks.com/results/Fargo/Report08.htm. The two forum topics that I'm trying to embed can be found at www.usawks.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=129946 and www.usawks.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=129938.

Please let me know if there is any other information that you would need; and again, thank you for your offer to help design this!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 744 guests, and 147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29