Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#216239 08/05/2008 4:44 PM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 195
Likes: 1
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 195
Likes: 1
Every now and then we have users who appear anonymous.

username: Anonymous
title: Unregistered

How does this happen. We are strictly members only. How can I fix this or prevent such posts? Thanks.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
I see you had made a post on another thread so I replied there:

https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/216241

What you can do is look at the IP that it came from, and see if te IP matches one of your registered users. If that's the case, it's probably the same problem I referred to in the thread above.

Rick #216252 08/06/2008 7:02 AM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 195
Likes: 1
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 195
Likes: 1
No IP match Rick.

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 28
Newbie
Newbie
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 28
I too have had this problem. It started when I posted a hyperlink in one of the portal boxes. The poster was unregistered and posted some spam. The link I provided was straight into a topic thread with ongoing content. Near as I can tell the spammer (or hacker) was able to write directly into one of the SQL tables. This happened twice and I removed the link. It hasn't happened after that. Over the years I've been using Rick's product this is the first time I've ever seen this happen.


Best - Scott

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)