Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#216480 08/17/2008 6:12 PM
Where can I find step-by-step instructions for using PayPal subscriptions on my site?

Thank You

Musky

How's all this "hopie-changie" working out for you???
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Where I'd love to create one for the FAQ; I know 0 about how the subscription system works...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Did anything happen with the wiki?
I guess those experienced in such things could give their input.

driv #216500 08/18/2008 1:56 PM
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Docs for some of this still need to be finished up. Was planning on having this done already but got derailed by trying to get 7.3.2 ready.

The biggest thing is making sure that IPN is turned on in your paypal account:

1. Log in to your Business or Premier account in Paypal.
2. Click the Profile subtab.
3. In the Selling Preferences column, click the Instant Payment Notification Preferences
link.
4. Click the Edit button.
5. Select the checkbox to activate IPN.
6. In the Notification URL text box, you can either leave this blank or enter the url to the paypal-ipn script, ie. https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=paypal_ipn
7. Click the Save button.

At that point, it should just be a matter of setting up your group and subscription rates in the control panel.

Rick #216511 08/18/2008 7:34 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
If the IPN is a requirement, then it can't be used by "Personal" accounts; you'd have to upgrade your personal account to be a Premier or Business account...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Gizmo,

I have a business account with paypal but it does not work. In the past when I was on a windows server (Australia) it all worked ok but when I decided to move to the USA (server) the sh_it hit the fan and it does not work to date (only since the beginning July). I have been trying to get answers but I am unable to get the correct fix to the problem.

I am under the impression that it has something to do with the change from windows server to Linux server.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Is there a limit to the number of Paypal accounts that are linked from a Board? Can I have Subscription A going to Paypal account A, and Subscription B going to Paypal account B?

Effectively I'd like to have different forums being billed to differnt Paypal accounts.

--BIll B
Bill B #219816 12/01/2008 11:52 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
The more that I dig into the new version 7.4.1, the more confused I get. I'm very, very amazed that there aren't some written descriptions as to how things work -- like a Users Manual, or better yet, an Admin Manual. Here's a couple of issues:

1) Moderators who used to be able to modify user permissions, or add them to certain Forums, don't have that capability any longer... and I spent over 3 hours yesterday (Sunday) trying to duplicate it. Ouch. It's v-e-r-y confusing.

2) As noted above, the new Subscription feature really looks cool and I'd love to deploy it, but I'm not going to EXPERIMENT with money, my checking account, and Paypal. I want to know "in advance" what the functionality is suppose to be.

3) Is there any chance of restricting the Featured Members to a specific group? Like... the members group!!!

4) How can I turn off, or select the styles to show on the StyleChooser at the bottom of the page? I want to keep some styles for exclusive use for some of the forums.

I know that I've gone off-topic.. and I apologize, but I took Tues and Wed off of work (vacation) last week in order to accomplish this upgrade... and now I'm being besieged from my users with questions, and issues which I don't have any written reference that I can use to answer their questions.

We sure could use some help. Any chance of collecting answers to all of these in a single location... like maybe a WIKI?

--BIll B

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (ahmed047), 624 guests, and 172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29