Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 6
A
stranger
stranger
A Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 6
Hey everyone! So, I've trolled the importer forum all day and tried to find something specific to the problem that I'm having, but I cannot for the life of me figure this out. I'm going to try to be as detailed as possible. I really appreciate the help in advance smile

Okay, about 6 months ago, I inherited a moderately high traffic website. Most of the problems with the site comes from people abusing the forums. We're currently running 6.5.2, and the head hancho decided it was appropriate to upgrade to 7.3.1. I agreed.

The install went moderately smoothly. I was pleased with how nicely this forum just drops in and works from scratch. However, my boss would like to keep as much of the old forums as possible. We have something like 13k users and almost 2 million posts. I can only imagine how long that is going to take to import :-D

So, I tried running the importer. It looks as though it imports the groups correctly. However, once it hits the first user, that's it. No errors, no more than just that first user. I looked in the table, and it looks like the user information matches throughout the various tables.

I guess what I'm asking is, where do I go from here, since I can't even get my second user to import? And it doesn't help that the second user has an ellipsis in his username and html code in part of his information. Wouldn't surprise me if something in there is messing it up.

Again, I appreciate your help and your advice.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956
Take a look at some posts in this board. The Importer DONT work right now with 7.3.1

I hit the same problem last week. The only resolve for me was installing an old 7.2.2 Version, run an old importer (with bugs, no attachments) and then upgrade after import to 7.3.1

I was in the happy situation that I archive all versions local. The old 7.2.2 and an old importer cant be download from memberpage.

I dont see any respond in the threads about the importer for 7.3.1


my board: http://www.dragonclan-forum.de
my hobby: http://www.biker-reise.de
Ich kann bei Fragen zu UBBthreads in Deutsch weiterhelfen oder es zumindest versuchen
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 6
A
stranger
stranger
A Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 6
I figured that I might have to import to an older version first, and I'm okay with that. Or wait until the next release.

Any idea what's wrong with the importer?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 956
The importer seems to have problem with the new rights matrix in 7.3.1


my board: http://www.dragonclan-forum.de
my hobby: http://www.biker-reise.de
Ich kann bei Fragen zu UBBthreads in Deutsch weiterhelfen oder es zumindest versuchen
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Yeh, I choose to blaime it on the permission system updates in 7.3 hehe...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 563 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)