Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
I understand that the portal will automatically pull all posts from a set of predefined forums and display them on the portal page, but I can not find a way to manually pull individual posts anywhere.

Basically I am looking for an option to edit any users posts, in any forum, and feature it on the portal page.

Does a function like this exist?

Just move the Users post to your predefined forum you use for the portal.

smile

C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
I guess thats the only way, although I wish there was something a little more sexy - like a checkbox I could click (the same way I can edit a post and make it sticky - one option should be [] feature on portal?).

Moving a post away from its original forum is more messy than I was planning. If you have say three forums, cats, dogs, ferrets, then it is unfortunate to have to move the message away from its mini-community.

If an option like this doesnt exist, I guess this is now a feature request smile

stranger
stranger

I agree this would be a great feature.

We host forums for small local moto-clubs and racings orgs...and moving an event post that may be of interest to random visitors who stumble onto the site from it's original location is simply not logical because the regular users flood the Admin with "what happened to..." emails and pm's.

The only other option is to copy and paste the top post and a URL to the rest of the original thread, so the visitor can see any replies and/or changes and updates....but it's labor intensive for the Admin when you have many dozens of active boards to keep up with.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Geoff), 377 guests, and 191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29