Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Hi,

I've been away from this for a time so i need to refresh the knowledge.

Status:
Old classic 6.7.3 is here
http://www.britbike.com/ubb/bin/ultimatebb.cgi

it is closed and I have created a full export in the CP.

UBBThreads 7.3.1 is here
http://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
This is only uploaded and permissions is set nothing else.

Now I want to install ubbthreads and import classic.

I have downloaded the
Importer - Download: From UBB.classic 6.7.x
I don't know which step to do it.

Tried to read the read me file but got confused.
Is there a thread here somewhere that explain which step to go?

Shall I skip the importer and just install ubbthread and there skip the "Create the Admin User" and proceed with installation. is this the way to go.

I'm grateful for any info that put on track.

Any other input is highly appreciated!


Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
If you are importing it will tell you when to stop on the UBB.Threads and run the import software. This import software will install you admin account and such as well as all your post and other related date.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Thanks I'll test it.


Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
There is a guide in the "General" forum.

Please note that I had an issue with the importer and 7.3, the only fix for me was to install 7.2, import, then upgrade to 7.3...

I'm hoping Rick got around to updating the importer for the permission matrix in 7.3 since my issues...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Rick Gardner), 283 guests, and 175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)