Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 2
E
stranger
stranger
E Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 2
Hello All,

I have been tasked with providing an old ubb.classic BB on a CD.

Using Server2go, I have done the hard part of finding and implementing a portable web server, but I do not understand the structure of the ubb.classic software in order to see if I can use it as it is, or if I can upgrade the software, or if there is some other option which would allow for me to see the posts, etc. associated with the old BB and possibly back up the entire BB, convert the entire BB to MySQL, or convert to XML, or otherwise provide a nice recreation of the old BB in a static format.

Any ideas?

Is there a copy of ubb.classic which I can use, purchase, demo, etc?

Thank you,
edsager

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
ubb.classic 6.7.3 is still available in the members area here, you could upgrade the 6.0.5 to that and import into ubb.threads then.

Otherwise, if your portable webserver runs some relatively recent version of perl then you should be able to run 6.0.5 fine on it. I would think there's security holes in it tho, I'd update soon if the public would have access to it.


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)