Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#217240 09/23/2008 3:37 PM
F
F Offline
At the table installation part of the install process, I got this error message:

UBB Message We encountered a problem. The reason reported was

Script:
Line#:
SQL Error: Too big column length for column 'BBCODE_MATCH_REGEX' (max = 255). Use BLOB instead
SQL Error #: 1074
Query: CREATE TABLE ubbt_BBCODE ( BBCODE_ID int(4) NOT NULL auto_increment, BBCODE_MENU_SHOW tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '1', BBCODE_ENABLE tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '1', BBCODE_DESCRIPTION varchar(128) default NULL, BBCODE_MENU_PROMPT varchar(128) default NULL, BBCODE_TAG varchar(64) default NULL, BBCODE_MATCH_REGEX varchar(256) default NULL, BBCODE_MARKUP_RESULT varchar(2048) default NULL, BBCODE_MENU_ORDER int(4) NOT NULL default '0', UNIQUE KEY BBCODE_ndx (BBCODE_ID,BBCODE_ENABLE) ) TYPE=MyISAM

56 tables were created and nothing with "BBCODE" exists.
_ONLINE and _TOPIC_VIEWS have "HEAP" rather than MyISAM in the "type" column and I believe there's supposed to be some type of Permissions table which wasn't created either.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Is this a brand new installation or an upgrade and what exact version?

ntdoc #217243 09/23/2008 4:27 PM
F
F Offline
This is a new installation of UBB Threads, but I will be importing my UBB Classic 6.7.1 board to it. I've also sent the error message to my site host provider.

Assuming I get this sorted out, when I get to the step where I follow the importer instructions, if I don't use the redirect scripts, will that keep both my old and new board up and working?

F
F Offline
Well, my site host can't solve the problem, this was their reply to me:

"Hi, I'm afraid we can't really help with third party applications. We can't troubleshoot their program.

If you are looking for any standard bb/forum system, there are at least two that you can install easily from the Fantastico section of your Dashboard, with much less hassle."

So, I'm guessing this is not something you guys can help with either, but I wanted to thank you for trying.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Having those two tables as HEAP instead of MYISAM is proper. No idea why you got that error on the BBCODE table without more information. What version of MySQL server are you using? Not PHP client, but Server version.

Actually, I can tell you that it's older than MySQL 5.0.3 which restricted VARCHAR to 255.

Open the create table script with a text editor. Search for BBCODE_MATCH_REGEX varchar(256)

Change 256 to 255. Drop all the tables and run it again.

You'll need to start scratch because when that SQL errored the script died and you did not get all of your tables.

Shame on your host for taking the easy way out.

http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=SQL+Error+%23%3A+1074

3rd link down. took me all of 2 minutes.

This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah

This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
F
F Offline
Thank you very much, David, for taking the time to ferret out the problem. I did as you said and the tables all worked this time. There was one other table that had a VARCHAR that went beyond (way beyond) 255 and I changed it to 255 as well.

I'm sorry I'm so very late in responding, but when my test board wasn't going to work with the table problem, I had to gamble that my real board (on a different site thankfully) would pull through the process and it did.

Only one glitch happened after the import with both boards and that was anything with the "img" tags just showed the tags and not the picture. It's a problem, I suppose, with importing first and then going into control panel to allow IMG tags afterward. That process should be reversed, but with imported boards, maybe it can't be done in reverse order because after you important it gives you a link to log into your new boards.

There doesn't seem to be a "quick fix" solution to this. I tried reloading (refreshing) the post via the browser and even a right-click reload, but I have to go into the post and click edit, then "change post" and then the images show up. Unfortunately on my active working board, there are thousands of posts with images. I have a lot of work ahead of me.

Thanks again for the table help, it worked a treat and now my test board is working.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Well, if one goes WAY beyond 255, instead of changing its length, you should probably just set it to a text (changing varchar(255) to text) as it'll likely use WAY more than 255 characters...

As for your issue, simply run the "rebuild posts" option after allowing img tags; it's hidden in one of the sections at the bottom of the CP list of links.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #217438 09/30/2008 4:21 AM
F
F Offline
Thanks, Gizmo. I'm not quite sure what to put when you say changing varchar(255) to text. Can you give an example? And how can I fix it now that the boards are up and working? It's just the test board, so it's not a big deal, but is there a way to fix that value after the tables are made?

I did the "rebuild posts" option and it took close to two hours since I apparently have 215,281 posts. It did great all the way up to the very end and then this appeared:

"Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/mysite/ubbthreads/libs/bbcode.inc.php on line 293"

Despite that the error message, everything seems to be working alright.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Well, the change you made to change it from varchar(256) to varchar(255) you should instead change it to just "text" (no quotes)

You can just go in to PHPMyAdmin and change that table itself in if your host has it available to you; I think Rick said he updated it for 7.4.

The max execution time is an issue with your host; basically making sure that scripts odnt just run forever; they'd have to update it to something logical, like 60 seconds wink...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #217451 09/30/2008 7:53 PM
F
F Offline
Thank you very much, Gizmo, I got it changed on my test board. There was a drop-down menu to choose varchar, text, date, etc. Now that I have the test board running, I'll be a bit more bold trying to find out what changes those link colors in "Styles". Thanks again.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Geoff), 1,018 guests, and 215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29