Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Several members complain and some say they are giving up.
here is one
http://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=218161&#Post218161


OK, trying to reply to Aaron's post in G Sale. Hit reply, rerouted to log-in, logged in, logged-in shows at top, but G sale board comes back not the Aaron post, scroll down to Aarons post and click it, post shows with "welcome KC - log out" at top, type in reply box, submit,.... " you don't have permission to post..." appears. Tried 3 times and gave up. KC


Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
I believe I've found your problem. It looks like your using some software that is setting a ton of cookies. I spent about 2 minutes on your site and ended up with 25 cookies. An example of a few, none of which are set by UBB.threads:

dummy+300+
dummy+224+
http://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads+472+
http://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads+994+

Here's what happens. Cookie specs designate that you may only have 20 cookies from a single site. Once that limit is reached, the oldest cookies get deleted. The cookies that are getting deleted are the ones that hold your User info for UBB.threads. So once those are deleted they end up being treated as a guest user, ie. no permission to post/reply.

What could do, is possibly set that software so it runs/sets cookies on just britbike.com instead of www.britbike.com. That way the cookies that UBB.threads needs on www.britbike.com won't be interfered with by the ones being set on britbike.com

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Rick,
I'm a novice when it comes to cookies, however I managed to trace this to the rotating banner scheeme that i'm using. I have changed all settings for that software to http:// instead of http://www.

I was adviced before to set a .htaccess file to rewrite all non www urls to www.
I have removed that .hraccess command now.
It looks promising after an hour I have personally not been logged out my self.
Knock on wood I'll comment more later on

thanks for your help sofar, much appreciated!


Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Old Hand
Old Hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 30
Yep more and more answer that it works well now.

thanks a bunch Rich you are great!


Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Rick Gardner), 283 guests, and 175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)