Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Hello,

I am having a problem where new users can't register for my forum. They get to the part where they see the board rules but no farther. They can click the "Accept" checkbox and submit, but it just dumps them back to the board rules again. If I submit the form without checking that box, I am taken to the correct screen (where it says I have to accept the rules to continue). Additionally, any previously registered users can still log in and post, the control panel still works fine, etc.

The only thing I can think of that might be related to this is that a few days ago we made a minor change to our Apache setup (moved the literal document root). However, I updated the "paths" section in UBB with the new path, and as I said everything except for member registration works fine. So I am at a bit of a loss over how to fix this.

Thanks for any help!

Mark

EDIT: I just looked and there are no new sessions in my /sessions directory since Aug 13th, which I think is the day we made the Apache change. Wouldn't this show up in the backend permissions checks if it was a problem?

Last edited by cornishcollege; 08/18/2008 7:19 PM.
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
OK, fixed this. The path in config.inc.php next to 'SESSION_PATH' was still set to the old value from before we moved the document root. I updated it and things are working fine now. I am not sure if this is worth filing a bug report about or if I just missed something or what.

M
stranger
stranger
M Offline
Just as an FYI to others with this problem, you seem to have to have the sessions directory permissions set to 777. 775 results in the problem described above. Just had it myself.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
4 members (Nightcrawler, Outdoorking, Ruben, 1 invisible), 872 guests, and 274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29