Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#218350 10/23/2008 3:51 PM
Addict
Addict
I upgraded from 7.2 to 7.4 therefore I never saw what 7.3 looks like, which means I hope I am not asking stupid questions here. smile

Is there no longer a Moderator Permissions tab for setting the permissions for individual moderators as there was in 7.2?

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
There's a 'moderators settings' link, is that what you mean?

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Addict
Addict
In 7.2 there used ot be a Moderators Permissions Tab where the permissions could be set for each individual moderator by name, which was very easy and efficient to do. Now it seems to be gone in 7.4 and maybe it was also gone in 7.3 which I never did upload.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Permissions are no longer set globally on each moderator as it was very limiting (no way to give moderators different permissions in different forums they moderate).

You can go into Group Management and click on the Forum link next to the Moderator group. This will allow you to change permissions for all forums for the moderator group on one screen.

Addict
Addict
OK.

I will check that out.

Thank you.

L
stranger
stranger
L Offline
So the answer is "No", we can no longer give a moderator limited permissions, unless we make a special 'Group' just for that one moderator.

Bringing this back would be a boon.
[Linked Image]

Lrae
Primary Administrator of the 7.4.2 UbbThreads Google Earth Community
1.1 million members growing at about 250 per day
1.2 million posts growing at about 300 per day
18 volunteer moderators
3 Administrators

Last edited by Lrae; 09/16/2009 2:37 PM.
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
You can still achieve those same permissions with 7.5 as you could in 7.4, it's just handled a bit differently.

When editing the permissions for each forum you'll see the permissions such as Lock topics, can move topics, edit any post, etc.

So what you do is set the moderator permissions accordingly for that forum, and then assign the user to be a moderator of that forum. They'll only get the permissions for forums they are assigned as a moderator to. If they aren't specifically assigned to be a moderator of a certain forum, then they just get the standard permissions.

Rick I think he is right. If you are going to have more than one moderator for one forum. They would both have the same permissions.
There is not a way to have only one moderator that can move topics and the second one can't.
As long as you have one moderator then it is very flexible.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
I guess that is true. The problem with the previous way is there was no possible way at all to make it so a moderator had different permissions in different forums.

Meaning, previously if a user moderated Forum A and Forum B, there was no way to make it so they could move topics in Forum A, but not move topics in Forum B.

So, it's true that if you wanted moderators to have different permissions in a specific forum then you'd need to be make a secondary group for that, it does end up being more flexible than the previous way.

What we are working on is being able to assign permissions on an individual user level as well. So once that's done, then it will open up more possibilities like doing what you mentioned.

OOOH another v8 hint!

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
v8+ anywho lol

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gizmo, 1 invisible), 901 guests, and 169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29