Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4
B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4
I couldn't find anything while searching, but I am trying to find out if there are practices or methods to create an aestically pleasing forum? As a forum owner, how do you obtain and keep people engaged? As there ways to market your forum that are considered rude or intrusive, like posting it in other forums?

These might be age old questions but I was hoping those experienced could share what has or has not worked for them.

Thank you in advance.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
At ubbdev.com they have a forum just for what you asked about. Some topics are a little dated but still hold true today.
Here is one post that may interest you.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4
B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 4
Ruben, thank you ever so much. This is exactly what I was looking for. This site should be a sticky, I am sure there are many newbies looking for same info.

Thanks again,

Chuck

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
I have been trying to push for a link in the "Site Links" bar wink...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
3 members (CESEREL, Geoff, 1 invisible), 396 guests, and 110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)