|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88 |
Was just testing the registration screen and when I select the accept board rules and press the proceed button I get a error CGI Error The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers But if I use the browser back and select register user not proceed I go directly to the registration screen bypassing the board rules page.
Blue Man Group There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
Are you using a windows/iis machine? If so clickyAll of the items I seem to find in google referance this as a Windows/iIS issue clicky
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88 |
It was a lot of reference to read on the two links you provided but I finally got through them all. 1. in all cases it was a reported random problem this is not the case in my situation. If you read my post I can access the registration form with a work around. 2.In almost all reported cases it is not just a IIS problem. It is a combination of including but not limited to: Windows 2003,IIS6,MYSQL,PHP, Fast processer speed on the server(causing timeout issues with PHP),multiple frames and imbedded images in the form. Wich In my case this is all true.
Bottom line is I can repeat the error every time not at random.
Ubbthreads is now totally useless to me if net new users can't register. Unless I provide the work around to access the registration screen or revert back to UBB7.1 or abandon UBB and go elsewhere(Snitz? last resort).
In looking at the new scripts I noticed that most of the registration process has changed. 7.1 had the board rules and registration on one page. Also now if you enable the Avatar option on registration you get multiple forms with multiple submit buttons. When you select proceed in the board rules form the redirect takes you /forums/ubbthreads.php not /forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=newuser.
I would like to disable the board rules requirement to at least see if someone can register but I don't see a option in the control panel anymore to turn it off like the age check option.
LAST OPTION IS TO HACK THE CODE TO TURN OFF BOARD RULES.
So far I found it looks like the script in question is /scripts/newuser.php but I am still researching what to hack.
I have been using this forum since the classic 5x series and have very few issues till now but I am at a point that now I am very very frustrated.
Last edited by Ruben Rocha; 07/18/2007 5:10 PM.
Blue Man Group There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1 |
Go ahead and open up a support ticket. I can do a bit of debugging to see what might be going on. I'd need ftp information along with the admin username/password.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88 |
Thank you Rick for your reply. At the present time my group will not authorize additional funds for disbursement to open a support ticket. Here is what I did to correct the problem in the meantime Edit newuser.inc.php: Commented out the subroutine that requires the board rules are accepted. This resolved my immediate problem with net new registrations. Then in the Control Panel I selected the "Force Users to Accept Rules on Next Visit" option.
End result is a new registration will still see the Board Rules but after registration instead of before registration. One quirk is that when the board rules are accepted the redirect takes them to the root of the domain instead of the forum page. At first I thought a path was incorrect in the control panel but everything else seems to function correctly.
Blue Man Group There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1 |
Just as an FYI. Since this is obviously a problem with the program itself, since it's happening on a few customer sites, and it's a new feature, this isn't a support ticket that would require payment. I'd just like the opportunity to actually debug on a server where it's happening so I can fix it for everyone.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88 |
I submitted a support request
Blue Man Group There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88 |
Rick, It looks like your modifications resolved my issue. I responded to your reply on the support ticket in respect to what file or files were changed. Until the next release is availible what do I need to do to ensure that the file or files are not over written.
Blue Man Group There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1
stranger
|
|
stranger
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1 |
In my installation of 7.2.2 under Linux this problem was caused by the hidden input ocurl, which is part of the form submitted by the Board Rules acceptance-getting page, not containing the port number of the server, thus, in the source of the page: type="hidden" name="ocurl" value="http://www.curriculum.org/mboard/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm" needed to be: type="hidden" name="ocurl" value="http://www.curriculum.org:8880/mboard/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm"
ocurl is composed by the function give_rules, defined in UBB_HOME/libs/ubbthreads.inc.php
In this function: $ocurl = "http://" . $_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"] . $_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"]; where $_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"] returns the name of the server without the port# I noticed that in my config (see UBB_HOME/includes/config.inc.php) the element REFERERS contains the correct value (with the port#, and also "http://", so I changed the assignment to: $ocurl = $config['REFERERS'] . $_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"]; This assignment, using a literal, also worked: $ocurl = "http://" . "www.curriculum.org:8880" . $_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"];
This solution may not apply to other systems that are exhibiting this problem but it may help you to figure out what is needed in your case.
If there is a better solution to this problem I would like to hear about it so I can patch my installation accordingly.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88 |
Rick, I am having the same problem again after installing 7.4 but now in addition to the registration script it also gives me the cgi misbehaved in almost all the control panel options when I select submit for changes. and I mean at least 90% of them. You never did actually tell me what you fixed after I submitted a ticket. Just that you had to change how the paths work on a windows server. Could it be this fix you did never made it to production?
I am trying a test board this time so I don't hose up the live board. The only change I am aware of from my host is they upgraded to a newer version of IIS from the last time.
Blue Man Group There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88 |
Update: I dropped all the tables deleted the files/folders on the test board. Signed in to members area and downloaded a new zip file. Extracted same. Ftp all files to my host one folder at a time to ensure asci/binary. The only error that appeared is at the end of the install where it shows what tables are created. At the very bottom at the far left of the screen I saw some html code <table width=". But what I see is the cp still shows cgi misbehaved errors but the forum works to a point. Say for instance you make the first post the cgi error appears but the post is still made. On the second post no errors occur. Same with registration. Error on initial registration but it really did happen. Where are you RICK? Working on 7.4.1?
Blue Man Group There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1 |
I'm going to have to look up your support ticket again and see if I can find what I had to do.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88 |
Great because I was going to compare my files against the 7.2.2 stock code and I guess I tossed the zip file for that release.
Blue Man Group There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88 |
Rick I responded to the support ticket. I guess you are busy with 7.4.1. I upgraded to php 5.2.1 from 4.4.2 and it looks like all my cgi error problems are gone. Maybe something was hosed on the server over the years of upgrades with my host. Even the captcha image has the background now and it looks like the cache updates better now. This was a new install on a testboard so I will upgrade the live board soon as you are done with 7.4.1.
Blue Man Group There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
563
guests, and
80
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|