Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 225
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 225
Hi,

I'm sure in 7 a feature was introduced to allow self management of specific groups.

I've got a group of people who wanted a few forums and want to manage the membership of those groups themselves. Happy to grant them that access, but do not want them to have access to any other setting, be able to change users (other than adding or removing that specific group/s)

Can't work out how to do this.. is it possible?

thanks


Join Europes biggest BMW M Car owners site
M-Torque - www.mtorque.co.uk
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
"Group Moderation" is a thing I've bgeen wanting for a while, but i havent heard much interest from many other users here :/


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 18
W
stranger
stranger
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 18
I'd loooooooooooove "Group Moderation". Is there absolutely no way to do that?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Originally Posted by Wordz
I'd loooooooooooove "Group Moderation". Is there absolutely no way to do that?
Not yet.. i think it needs more popularity


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 563 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)