Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#219269 11/14/2008 3:17 PM
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 262
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 262
I want to allow members to upload photos to their own gallery's, I found this site http://dpnow.com/galleries/ and would love to be able to set ours up like that, is this something that can be done with stock UBB or did he have to mod the heck out of it by hand?

Thanks,
Ian


Ian
http://www.firstgenmc.com/ubbthreads

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwords."
Iann128 #219270 11/14/2008 3:35 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Howdy Neighbor.
At present time you would need a gallery forum for each member eek for the stock code
Even then it would not really be a per user gallery. Just separate forums
So start typing. And when you are finished post it at UBBDEV so I can use it.
Great feature suggestion though.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Ruben #219271 11/14/2008 3:45 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Looks like something we call blogs or close to it. Coming soon to UBB.

JAISP #219276 11/14/2008 4:22 PM
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 262
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 262
I have emailed the owner of the board I linked to to see if he would help smile He is using vBullten, not UBB so it may not help frown...

Ian


Ian
http://www.firstgenmc.com/ubbthreads

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwords."
Iann128 #219278 11/14/2008 4:30 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
BTW, that site is using vBulletin, not UBB


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #219279 11/14/2008 4:34 PM
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 262
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 262
I realized that after I posted frown It looked very similar... Anybody making a mod that would do it? I guess I should also post over at ubbdev.

Ian


Ian
http://www.firstgenmc.com/ubbthreads

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwords."
Iann128 #219353 11/16/2008 11:26 AM
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 262
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 262
Decided to go with PhotoPost. Am working on fully integrating it today.

Ian


Ian
http://www.firstgenmc.com/ubbthreads

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwords."

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 171 guests, and 128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)