Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
enthusiast
enthusiast
I am trying to use Portal Islands externally in a table that nests my forums. The issue is that even though the islands display they have lost some of their formatting. The fonts are all correct and the background colors are as well but I have lost the wrapper entirely.

Is this normal since the islands are not necessarily being shown in the forum layout?

Is it possible to show the island data without any of the UBB formatting and nest it within a table that would simulate the wrapper?

...yeah, I know. Why! tongue

Ford diesel master technician by day...
Webmaster by night! cool
FordDoctorsDTS.com running UBB Threads 7.5.4.2p2
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
It's normal that the wrapper isn't included, at least right now. In your external page, you could put the opening and closing html of the wrapper around the Portal Island code that you placed on the page.

Hopefully that makes sense. Basically, go into your control panel and then edit the wrapper you want to use. In there you'll see the Opening and Closing HTML. So, in your page, you'd have something like this:

>>OPENING HTML<<

>>ISLAND INCLUDE CODE<<

>>CLOSING HTML<<

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah, that makes sense but it is more fussing than I wanted to get into. I use common PHP header and footer files for all of my site pages. The header actually forms the top header and the left column where I have all of my site navigation, advertising and so forth. I could achieve the same thing by copying the header and footer into the UBB HTML includes but since the wrapper wont follow I decided to just pull over the items in my header into a few custom islands and place them all in the left column. It comes out basically the same except I have the breadcrumbs and forum navigation running completely across the top of the forum layout so it is *almost* identical to the rest of the site. I am getting used to it. Besides, I am still diggin my new site design and rounded corners - starting a new style and wrapper from scratch takes time to get right, or at least the way you want it. Thanx for the advice, I may still try it after I update UBB.

Ford diesel master technician by day...
Webmaster by night! cool
FordDoctorsDTS.com running UBB Threads 7.5.4.2p2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (ahmed047), 624 guests, and 172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29