Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
E
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
E Offline
Some of my Forum summary pages (v7.4.1) have some threads highlighted in green/blue. Is this a Feature or a Bug?

see screenshot:
Attachments
screenshot-green-bars2.jpg

Last edited by ECNet; 11/16/2008 3:07 AM. Reason: resized pic
I can't see it when visiting the site at all but the style you are using would show that on every other row not just a few. Unless you editied the style. Also your tool tip hover is not using the same color scheme.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
There are a couple classes the control the colors for rows with new posts. Check your Forum Summary Properties in the style and make sure those are set to what you want.

E
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
E Offline
Rick,

Is that a stock setting? (I recently upgraded from 7.1 > 7.41) - Just wondering because I never noticed it before.

Which settings would be for 'New Subject (Normal)' and 'New Subject (Alternate)'?
Attachments
screenshot-style.jpg

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
.new-topicsubject

.new-alt-topicsubject

been there since 7.3 smile

Bill,
I guess I was not logged on when I checked your site. Once I caught up with the posts and waited for new posts the style looks correct. All of the styles default settings are designed that way. All it does is Alternate the color of the rows for each new topic to highlight them to get attention. If you check the other styles they are doing the same thing. Also the Ubbcentral style code is not part of the stock styles. It was designed for a older version so it does in fact have a css property or two that are not filled in like the hover tool tip.

At the IAEI I changed that same style to alternate the color on all the rows regardless of new topics.

If you want to change the tool tip colors go down to the MISC properties section select .popup_content_header it is probably blank. Just to the right of that property is a link"copy". Select it and update the preview and you will see the change on the far right And the property will show the code used for that feature.

Hope this makes sense?

Blue Man Group
E
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
E Offline
Ahhh, so it came with my recent upgrade thanks for the info.

.new-alt-topicsubject is empty, does this mean it takes the properties of something above it? (sorry, I'm new to a lot of things)

Bill

I am by no means a css expert. But yes if a property is blank it will inherent a default value somewhere. If you go through each section of the properties you will see the view on the right change. The hard part is sometimes it is not clear what property does what because the terminology is different from one side to the other. So you have to play with the settings to figure out how it changes what.
Also at the top of the screen is a note about browsers. If you are not using the suggested browser the preview may not work correctly.

IF you would prefer how I changed the ubbcentral style at the IAEI I can export it and send it to you.
Just send me a private message at this site and note where to send the file.

Blue Man Group
E
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
E Offline
Got it Guys, Thanks!

smile
Bill

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 476 guests, and 111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29