Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
stranger
stranger
Order of variables in language files should be permanent

Some people will think this is silly, Yes it is for whom using English language , but for me its very important to simplify my life when I come close the upgrade of UBBT.

Because , I am just upgrading from v7.3 to 7.4.1 (I am using foreign language – Arabic) and I noticed that every time I do the upgrade I found in the language files that the location of the variables is changing from place to place, even the old variables , which I sow many new added variables in random order !! some time at the beginning of the list and some time at the middle and some time at the end of the list !!!
For example in version 7.4.1 the adduser.php language file have new variable called : PASS_USER_MATCH , and they placed it in the middle !! why ?? I don’t know , if that in alphabetic order so we should see all variables in that order, but its not !!

[Linked Image]

The same variable PASS_USER_MATCH was added in changebasic.php and this time was placed at the top of the file ?? why ?? I don’t now !!

[Linked Image]

Also, another variable in filemanager.php file added in two different areas :
[Linked Image]

That’s only an example and many new added variables placed in random order which make the upgrade life is very hard for those who are using foreign languages and need to re-update and go through all files every time they need to do upgrade.

My suggestion is :

All new variables should be placed at the end of the file, so for us it will be very easy to figure the new variables in that file . and any old veriable should remain in the same place unless its removed for ever.

That’s all, hope in the next version we can see all new variables at the end of the file .

Thank you
Bader AlNadabi

"The Simple Life always walks smoothly, so to make your life smooth, keep every things simple in your life"
AlNadabi
=================
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Understandable - that's a lot of work to translate smile

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (DennyP, 1 invisible), 969 guests, and 171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29