Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#219600 11/25/2008 5:49 AM
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 6
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 6
I have had a forum member on my board say it is insecure and he has been phising around - I am trying to contact him to find out exactly what he means.

Meanwhile what are the most basic and pertinent steps I can take to prevent attempted hacks?

I am running 7.2.2 and will upgrade asap to 7.4.1

Any assistance/advice much appreciated.
thanks

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
There is a security patch available for version 7.2.2, other then that, ubb.threads has no known security issues.

For information about the patch:
https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/216722


[Linked Image from siemons.org]

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Geoff), 614 guests, and 85 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)