|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
old hand
|
|
old hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811 |
I've got a Mac user running Firefox who reports that he can log-in fine, but when he clicks a specific thread, it processes then just displays a blank page.
I'm running 7.2.2.
I thought I remember a thread about this on here, but couldn't find it.
Any thoughts on what I could have him try?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1 |
One particular thread or any of them?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
old hand
|
|
old hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1 |
I'd imagine it could be something with the right/left columns, potentially the shoutbox if you have it enabled. I'd try becoming that user and disabling the right/left columns (if you allow it) and see if that fixes it for them. If so, then it's definitely something in one of the columns.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
old hand
|
|
old hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811 |
Thanks Rick. I already have shoutbox disabled in the right column on my site.
I currently don't have access to a Mac so I can't test as him.
I wonder if it's possibly? - A virus software issue - A Firefox bug and he might try re-installing it
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242 Likes: 1 |
Hmm, maybe have him view source of the page and see where it actually stops.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
old hand
|
|
old hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811 |
This was his last reply. I'll ask him to view source. Any other ideas? My wife did something to the computer last night-(with the cookies?) and after we restarted it, I was able to open various threads without any problems. But when I tried opening a thread that had a lot of replies(larger size), I had the same problem, so I gave up for the night. This early afternoon, once again I was able to log in and open various threads. Then I tried opening an x report and again, the same problem?!?!....very frustrating!
Anyway, let me know if you come up with something....
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1 |
i'll have a look see Mitch, since i'm on your site now 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
old hand
|
|
old hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
old hand
|
|
old hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811 |
After a few emails back and forth, here is what the user finally reported: My wife dumped the Firefox version we were using and installed an upgraded version....now Iām able to navigate through the web site without any problems!! So maybe just a buggy install of Firefox was the issue.
|
|
|
|
2 members (Geoff, 1 invisible),
527
guests, and
135
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
|
|