Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 1

We're upgrading from ubb.threads 6.4.3 -> 6.5 -> 7.4

Somewhere along the way the user groups have changed, and now those who were in the user group are now in the moderator group.

Is there a quick fix for this, to put them back into the user group?

Thanks

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Can you open a support ticket for this? There's a query we could give you, but that will potentially break your actual moderators. If I can get a support ticket with admin login info to your site I can fix it properly.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Yes

He

Can! smile


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 7
W
stranger
stranger
W Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 7
I'm having the same problem too, from 6.5.2 -> 7.4.1.

For my users, when looking at their accts on the permissions tab, 'Member Status' is correctly showing as 'user', but under 'Group Membership' nothing is checked.

Under the 'Group Management' tab, it says I have tens of thousands of Group #3 Moderators, and 0 Group #4 Users.

I'll open a trouble ticket also. A quick mysql command is probably all I need.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 381 guests, and 101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)