Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 82
journeyman
journeyman
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 82
I didn't see a way to easily do this, so I'll ask just in case I'm missing something. I finally got around to creating and upgrading our dev environment to 7.4.1. So, I'm now curious as we've decided to not allow embedded media files (aka media tags) on our board. However, we'd be OK having media tags in one single forum, but it wouldn't be available in other forums.

Am I missing something, or is this not easily doable?

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
It's not easily done, as far as I know - I'm asking for the same 'feature' - we need to add it to the permissions pages.


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
i've modified the custom tags to be group based (user groups)..

so the menus as well as the bbcode.inc.php parsing will check to see if a particular user is permissioned for the desired tag.

i did this initially, because i had a ton of what i'd call 'admin only' tags that i liked, but didn't want to release it to the masses..

it's a DB modification and code mod both..

so a further tweak to make it also forum based, might be a good idea...

i'll be forced to address this issue on a 7.4.1 forum by the new year, so i might have a mod available then..


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 253 guests, and 121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)