Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#219848 12/03/2008 1:05 PM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 10
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 10
I have selected a URL for a contact page. The problem is that it opens within the forum. Is there a setting to open a URL in a new page?

Thanks Again.

David

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
I have not tried this in threads but you should be able to format the url with html to open in a new window.
See HERE for one example


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
In \libs\html.inc.php


Find:

Code
$contactlink = "<a href=\"{$config['CONTACT_URL']}\">{$config['SITE_EMAIL_TITLE']}</a>";

and replace with:

Code
$contactlink = "<a href=\"{$config['CONTACT_URL']}\" TARGET=\"_new\">{$config['SITE_EMAIL_TITLE']}</a>";

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 10
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 10
Thanks a ton. Works like a charm.. edit: but target="_top" worked even better. It does take me out of the forum, and I will gauge user reaction.

David

Last edited by David DelMonte; 12/03/2008 2:15 PM. Reason: change in content
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
I prefer to use the control panel as much as I can.
So when updates come around there is less editing.
You could of added
Quote
\" target=\"_NEW\"
to the end of the contact us url in the control panel.
Does the same thing.

David I don't get what you mean by "take me out of the forum"?

BTW is there a special reason you are using a script form to send email instead of mailto?

Last edited by Ruben Rocha; 12/03/2008 2:31 PM.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
I use a script as well for contacts. The reason is that spam bots are not able to get your email address, I can have several users that can get mail through the forum, and it is the way all the big guys do it and I strive to be like them.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
I can understand for spam but those darn spammers have lots of other methods to find you and send something to you.
I just got away from email scripts for things such as cc,bcc subject etc.
I can do the same with MAILTO syntax to prefill all the fields in the email. And send to whoever I wish.
Quote

But of course vanilla is my favorite milkshake. What is yours?



Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 253 guests, and 121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)