Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
P Offline
Hi all,

I've just successfully (according to the results of the classic_import.php script) imported a UBB Classic 6.7.2 forum into a new UBB Threads 7.4.1 forum and although it looks as if the data imported correctly into the database, the new forum doesn't show much in the way of content.

I get no menu text and no content text. Viewing the source for the resulting page shows me that there are a number of empty links where the menus should be. Worse still, I can't log into the board to set anything up - it always shows the login form, regardless of what I do.

I've manually edited the includes\config.inc.php file to set the name and URLs of the board - these were set to the default www.example.com values - but that has made no difference. I've got no idea how or why it thinks there are no menu item texts (the default language is set to "english", which is the only language set installed).

Has anyone experienced this or have a suggestion as to what went wrong during the import?

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
??

It sounds like something is definitely up - did you install threads and get it running prior to importing classic? Of course, you needed the info to import to. It sounds like the server hiccuped or something - the config file doesn't get written over. Maybe your host did something during the install? Regardless, if it were me I'd re-import, it's corrupted.

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
P
P Offline
Hi Allen,

I've had a test board up and running prior to that as a prelude to doing the migrations (and was very impressed by the facilities available).

I ran the import twice; once using the recommended method of not creating the administrator user prior to the import, the other time creating the administrator user first. Both failed; the only difference was that the second time resulted in the creation of an administrator user who was logged into the control panel (I didn't log out) whilst I was doing the migration from the old board, and thus could still fiddle with the settings.

As for the server, I have full control over it so I don't think it's anything that happened during the import. Nevertheless, I'll try a migration with another board (I have a few to migrate) in case it is data-related.

P
P Offline
Right...I have now successfully migrated another board, so it is likely to be something to do with the original board that I tried...

They're both 6.7.2 boards; the problematic board is smaller with 10-15 registered users and a smaller number of forums. It does have a number of categories and forums turned off; I don't know if that makes any difference.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (ahmed047, Nightcrawler), 615 guests, and 132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29