Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#220418 12/22/2008 4:14 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353
Hi and Merry Xmas to all the members here at ubbthreads.

I have a question that some of my forum members have asked regarding my member number being the owner of the forum.

When the forum was setup by my web developer then they used member #'s 1 & 2 while testing (in 1999) and when handed over to me in December 1999 they made me member # 3, deleted # 1 and kept # 2 in order to make changes while I was settling in using the clasic version.

My question is can I force my member # back to position # 1 without causing any problems with all the 3000 post that I have made over the years.

Any help would be appreciated. grin

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 287
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 287
I don't know what the official answer is on this but I had to make a change like that and all I did was edit the user (me) in the database. The difference with you is you want to make yourself #1 where the user does not exist. The easiest solution would be to turn off user number display in your control panel.


Ford diesel master technician by day...
Webmaster by night! cool
FordDoctorsDTS.com running UBB Threads 7.5.4.2p2
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
I would think making you a member 2 would be feasible with some work. USRID is in around 20 or so tables. But I am not so sure about using member 1. It is pretty much a place holder.
In anycase I think it would be a big undertaking just for a vanity number.

I was using classic which I installed and I was user 1. But upgrading to threads made user 1 donotdelete in the user table and I became user 2.

Maybe someone else will chime in but I would just forget about it.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Yeh, either way when you're on threads there is no member 1..

There is also a lot that could go wrong with changing a user id; so I woudln't bother (as it's not really something thats important) since it can break things...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
If you do want to renumber a user, there is an easier path to this without a complete database dive by creating a dummy new user without any posts with the member# you want, and using UBB's merge user functionality to move all the posts and PM's over to that dummy account. Rename it, and done.

Still don't recommend it though.



[Linked Image from siemons.org]
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Originally Posted by blaaskaak
If you do want to renumber a user, there is an easier path to this without a complete database dive by creating a dummy new user without any posts with the member# you want, and using UBB's merge user functionality to move all the posts and PM's over to that dummy account. Rename it, and done.

Still don't recommend it though.
The question was to change to member #1.
If #2 is still valid then your suggestion would work to change to member 2.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 353
Thanks everyone for you advice and I now can understand what happened as I was using the classic version for many years before changing to threads which I find fantastic.

I can now explain to my members the reason why I am # 3.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 176 guests, and 163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)