Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
journeyman
journeyman
P Offline
Greetings again,

In 6.4.4 it was easy to pick out the new, unread posts because the header bar (if I remember correctly) on each unread message was highlighted. In 7.4.1 there is no way to pick out the new, unread messages. Users are not happy. Am I missing something here. Thanks for your help!!

packlite

It should be the same as here.
Are you using the stock css tempplates? Or did you modify any styles or are using a custom style?

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
P
journeyman
journeyman
P Offline
Originally Posted by Ruben Rocha
It should be the same as here.
Are you using the stock css tempplates? Or did you modify any styles or are using a custom style?
Thanks Ruben. The "new" icon which accompanies a new/unread post was so small that I didn't see (nor anyone else). I enlarged it, made it more visible so all is well. Thanks again.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P Offline
Originally Posted by packlite
Greetings again,

In 6.4.4 it was easy to pick out the new, unread posts because the header bar (if I remember correctly) on each unread message was highlighted. In 7.4.1 there is no way to pick out the new, unread messages. Users are not happy. Am I missing something here. Thanks for your help!!

packlite
I just discovered that folks having this problem are using the threaded mode. They are correct. In 7.4.1, other than looking at the date which isn't a good nor accurate means, there is no way to discern which posts are new/unread. Whereas in 6.4.4, the unread posts stayed highlighted (different color) until they were opened and read. Users who use the threaded mode are a little upset about this loss of functionality. Any suggestions? Can this be rectified via stylesheet? Thanks.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P Offline
In the threaded mode, the system correctly brings the user to the first new/unread message and when the user opens up the post the "NEW" icon is correctly placed with that post. That works fine when there is only one new post. The system does not account for the rest of the new reply posts and the user must investigate each separate one to discover if they have read it or not.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Who's Online Now
4 members (Gizmo, Ruben, Baldeagle, 1 invisible), 677 guests, and 184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29