Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
enthusiast
enthusiast
When i backup my SQL Database, the database is created in a directory i reserved for that, but the problem is that it is owned by apache, not me. I don;t have SSH access, in WS_FTP i can't CHOWN the files and other applications as well. I only have access to a file manager but there i can't chown it as well.

Is there a way to get this done, maybe an modification to one of the source files like dobdbackup.php

Rob

My place to be: http://www.freesat.nl
Veteran
Veteran
You should have made a folder where you have FTP access on your server then set your backup location to it, this way you are able to down load the files to archive them.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I did, but i have no download rights because it's owner is set to apache and not my username or webuser.

My place to be: http://www.freesat.nl
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Hi
I'm not sure that this is normal behaviour. (Otherwise, what would be the point in this method?)

I use the same backup method as you as I don't have SSH and can't CHOWN (same as you).

I however, don't have a problem downloading from my backup folder.

Although, on one occasion, I was just about to upgrade my forum when I found I couldn't backup my gallery (see this thread).

This had never happened previously, I wonder if you are experiencing the same 'glitch' (or perhaps 'bug') as me?

I got my hosts to reset the permissions and it's been fine ever since.

So just a thought, ask your host to reset the permissions and then try another backup. smile

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I reported this issue some time ago; Rick said he planned to get some sort of utility in place for the gallery system. I'm not suprised that it's an issue with the backup ssytem as well.

Basically, when the backup is created through the ubb, it's run as the apache user (as it's the owner who's creating the task) so when it's backed up it's owned by apache; the UBB needs to chown the files after a backup if it's not owned by your user account so you can actually do something with the backups.

i for one, just don't recommend backing up through the forum, but a lot of people don't have ssh access which is quite a shame...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
3 members (Ruben, Nightcrawler, 1 invisible), 830 guests, and 271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29