Print Thread
Hop To
#220073 12/09/2008 12:29 PM
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Hi there,

We had our UBB.classic 6.7.1 boards on our Windows server and then we archived them and moved them to a VM. We then moved them back from the VM onto the Windows server and after some tweaking they work, but there are no search results shown if you do a search. We really want those boards searchable, that is why they are archived. We've re-built all meta-data, please help!

-Drew

Little bit of a brain lock here since it has been two years since I used classic.
But if you followed the directions for moving you would not have updated the control panel settings when importing the posts.
Besides the rebuild section I seem to recall there was more settings for the search feature for how and what to index. In the primary settings. You may find you will still need to reindex after you change the search settings.

There are sticky topics in this forum " UBB.classic Version 6 Assistance" with links to all the old documents.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Ruben #220266 12/15/2008 6:56 PM
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Thanks for the reply. I did check the settings in that search section but everything looks good. I didn't actually export/import to move the site around I just copied the files. Any other ideas? Our boards are at...

http://boards.tribalectic.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Drubage #220939 01/09/2009 12:54 PM
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Most likely need to re-check your permissions on your cached folders and then rebuild the search index.

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Oh, and sometimes I would switch the forum index from one big one to one for each forum and then rebuild the index and then go back to one index and rebuild it to get it working again (or vice versa) - it's old software, sometimes you have to give it a kick in the pants smile

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Well you have more problems that just the search. I tried your link which takes me to The initial page is fine. But if I select the forum home link at the top it takes me to Which is the wrong address( Page can't be found).

If I try to open a forum same thing it redirects to Same thing (The page cannot be found). You need to go through the settings to correct the paths and file permissions are correct.
Possibly you got some paths mixed up with your new threads location.
If I edit the path I get a result but only if I change ultimatebb to cgi not php.
If I recall this was a setting for the accelerator? in the control panel where the main script changed to from cgi to php to increase speed. It may be this is also turned off but if paths are wrong it will never re-index to cgi.

Last edited by Ruben Rocha; 01/09/2009 6:28 PM.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Forum Privacy Policy
by ECNet - 02/26/2024 11:58 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, domspeak), 353 guests, and 190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29