Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 94
whk
Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 94
I just did the upgrade from a dinosaur UBB 5.44b to Threads 7.4.2

I see that there is a link in the control panel for payments, and accepting via PayPal. I'd like to know how this is used on a Forum and if there is a link somewhere that discusses this.

My Grandiose Ideas...


What we have:
We have a sailboat class association where we collect annual dues. Currently we have a cold fusion script that runs and emails a customized message with link the individual can click on to update their particular record in the class association database. Once they hit confirm, it provides a confirmation email that they print out and mail in to the class treasurer with a check.

The class database is just boat owners, while the forum registered users can be anyone.

What could be:
There is no linkage between the two databases, but I'd like to create a field that links the two. Maybe I can include a custom field in the forum that includes the link to the class database record for those forum users that are owners. I could then use the forum as a means of getting access to their database record for update and offer the Paypal option.

The J/30 Class Forum

The J/30 Class Association Database only public information shown and this is built by a query, not left as a static page for BOTS to search.


Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
I believe the paypal integration is based on usergroup, which in turn can determine which forums are viewable/etc.

Congrats on that upgrade, that is a lot of upgrading at one time smile


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
I think I remember 5.44b. But it had a lot of hacks from ubbdev I added.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 94
whk
Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 94
Ruben and Allen - Thanks. The upgrade actually wasn't too painful. The scripts that were provided worked very well. I've locked the old forum for new posts and registrations, but left it up since some of the threads that were brought forward have links to previous posts. It allows people who may click on them to see the info.

Is there a painless way to find and fix those links? That's the only reason the old forum was left available.

Bill

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Well, the importer zip should have a set of files, (the names vary based on what version you imported from), these files should go in your old forum directory, and should redirect users to your new ubb install (be sure to edit them to set the URL of your forum).


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 94
whk
Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 94
Actually I was looking for a script that would go through the old postings that had links referencing threads on the old UBB.Classic board and seeing if there was a way so those could be updated to the converted thread on the upgraded UBB.Thread board.

The scripts you reference in the zip file I believe are just for the top level redirection to the updated forum, unless I didn't interpret that correctly.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Well, they are for redirection; when someone clicks one of the old links, it'll redirect to the new location...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 206 guests, and 158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)