Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
journeyman
journeyman
P Offline
In 7.4.2. I still have the ongoing problems that I have been trying to get solved from 7.4.1 plus a new one.

I upgraded according to instruction.

I get the following in "threaded mode"
(1) "Mark ALL Read" does not work at the level of the list of threaded replies within a thread. All remain marked "Not Read".
(2) you can manually mark each reply read, but everytime you log out of the forum and log back in every single reply within every single thread is again marked "Not Read"

These do not seem to be a problem now here in these forums, but I just downloaded the 7.4.2 zip for a second time today and upgraded with the same bad results.

So, I hope we can fix this. If not, I have too many threaded-mode users and for them this seems to be a show stopper.

What perplexes me, again, is that it no longer is a problem here but it continues to be a problem at my site even though I also upgraded to 7.4.2 ???? Any thoughts on what might be going on here ???

(3) also, I am now getting duplicate moderator names at the bottom of the post page in most forums. I just went into the moderator mgmt panel and deleted all the duplicates which took a while one by one. Then I hit submit the changes and ARGGGH!! The system just made them all dupes again. I tried to change them again and same negative result. I, as the administrator, also appear as a moderator but I'm the only one who isn't duplicated.

Last edited by packlite; 01/13/2009 10:58 PM.
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Hmm, are you sure you have all the latest scripts uploaded. There is actually code in place when the moderators are displayed to only display a name one time even if it somehow happens to be in the database multiple times.

If you do have a few scripts not updated that could explain it.

Any modifications at all? I'd also check to make sure your session folder is fully writeable.

If all that checks out then you'll probably want to open up a support ticket so I can take a closer look.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P Offline
Originally Posted by Rick
Hmm, are you sure you have all the latest scripts uploaded. There is actually code in place when the moderators are displayed to only display a name one time even if it somehow happens to be in the database multiple times.

If you do have a few scripts not updated that could explain it.

Any modifications at all? I'd also check to make sure your session folder is fully writeable.

If all that checks out then you'll probably want to open up a support ticket so I can take a closer look.
Before I open a ticket ......

I've been pulling out the few remaining hairs that I have (a.k.a. cheap haircut) trying to figure this out. I've downloaded the 7.4.2 zip file three separate times, carefully unzipped and carefully ftp'd every file to my server. Carefully administered permissions and gone thru the install process. Each time I still get the following problems

(1) in threaded mode, "Mark All Read" does not work in the threaded reply list.
(2) then when I manually mark each reply "as read", the next time I login they are all marked NOT READ again.

I just did a squeaky clean install. Uploaded every file from the zip file and installed into a new database. Same Problems. Check it out here: http://www.backpacking.net/forum2/ login Admin/admin

Then I went to another site that is running 7.4.2 and guess what, same problems as mentioned above in (1) and (2) http://j30.us/ubbthreads/

So, since this is not a problem here on this site, I suspect since we were tweaking this issue after you announced 7.4.2 was running on this site, that you made changes we now see on this site subsequent to finalizing your upgrade.zip file. I suspect you have file or files running here that the rest of us don't yet have.

packlite

whk Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
Originally Posted by packlite

Then I went to another site that is running 7.4.2 and guess what, same problems as mentioned above in (1) and (2) http://j30.us/ubbthreads/

packlite

Hey - that's my site. The upgrade is so new from what I had, I didn't even know I had the problem!

P
journeyman
journeyman
P Offline
(3) also, after upgrading from 7.4.1 to 7.4.2, I am now getting duplicate moderator names at the bottom of the post page in most forums. I just went into the moderator mgmt panel and deleted all the duplicates which took a while one by one. Then I hit submit the changes and ARGGGH!! The system just made them all dupes again. I tried to change them again and same negative result. I, as the administrator, also appear as a moderator but I'm the only one who isn't duplicated.
I think may have something to do with the coding error in the present importer where my users were imported as moderators and moderators as global moderators. I now have my moderators listed in two places and can't seem to delete the moderator group or even move anyone out of it. So that may be the problem.

By the way, that importer bug was recently identified in a thread in which I and Gizmo participated. A problem in the code which may not be fixed.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P Offline
(3) also, after upgrading from 7.4.1 to 7.4.2, I am now getting duplicate moderator names at the bottom of the post page in most forums. I just went into the moderator mgmt panel and deleted all the duplicates which took a while one by one. Then I hit submit the changes and ARGGGH!! The system just made them all dupes again. I tried to change them again and same negative result. I, as the administrator, also appear as a moderator but I'm the only one who isn't duplicated.
I think may have something to do with the coding error in the present importer where my users were imported as moderators and moderators as global moderators. I now have my moderators listed in two places and can't seem to delete the moderator group or even move anyone out of it. So that may be the problem.

By the way, that importer bug was recently identified in a thread in which I and Gizmo participated. A problem in the code which may not be fixed.
Dupe moderators is no longer a problem. I was able to delete all moderators and then re-establish them, so all is well in that regard.

But still waiting for a fix on the 7.4.2. threaded mode bugs.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Still trying to figure this one out. I've compared what is running here to what is in the zip, and they are the same.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P Offline
Originally Posted by Rick
Still trying to figure this one out. I've compared what is running here to what is in the zip, and they are the same.
Well, I'm sure that this additional info will help frown

I visited a couple more sites that are running 7.4.2. and one has the problem and one does not.

In addition to my installs, these two have the problems:
http://j30.us/ubbthreads/
http://ambergriscaye.com/forum/

This one does not:
http://www.chessninja.com/boards/

Might help,

packlite

I just tested your site with your login.
In this forum:
http://www.backpacking.net/forum2/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showthreaded&Number=109183#Post109183
I get duplicated moderators and selected mark all read did not work in threaded mode.
Weird!!

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
P
journeyman
journeyman
P Offline
Originally Posted by Ruben Rocha
I just tested your site with your login.
In this forum:
http://www.backpacking.net/forum2/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showthreaded&Number=109183#Post109183
I get duplicated moderators and selected mark all read did not work in threaded mode.
Weird!!
Yes, plus if you were to manually mark each reply "as read" and then logout. Every reply would be remarked "not read" when you log back in. Also, this test forum you tested is a fresh, new install - pure vanilla.

Using firefox 3 I cleared cache marked all read then revisited the thread and the topic shows as read but in threaded mode each reply shows as unread. Even though I manually read each and every one prior.

Even though this is a new install you used an existing mysql backup for the forum.
Rick,
Could something be corrupted in the tables somewhere?

Last edited by Ruben Rocha; 01/16/2009 6:02 PM.

Blue Man Group
P
journeyman
journeyman
P Offline
Originally Posted by Ruben Rocha
Using firefox 3 I cleared cache marked all read then revisited the thread and the topic shows as read but in threaded mode each reply shows as unread. Even though I manually read each and every one prior.

Even though this is a new install you used an existing mysql backup for the forum.
Rick,
Could something be corrupted in the tables somewhere?
I ran several tests against the database using myphpadmin and all was aokay. Also, if in fact, there is a "corruption" it would need to be also the same corruption in multiple other sites who are also running 7.4.2 and having the same problems

I just upgraded my testboard from 7.4.1 to 7.4.2.
The read topics issue does the same thing. Shows as not read.
In the threads section at the bottom of the screen. The gifs are yellow not white for the replies.
And my testboard is a net new install and new virgin database from a few days ago using ver7.4.1.

Last edited by Ruben Rocha; 01/16/2009 6:22 PM.

Blue Man Group
P
journeyman
journeyman
P Offline
Just discovered another site running 7.4.2 that has the same problems:

Google Earth Community
http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Ok, there are a couple things I've found. I'll actually have to put out 7.4.3, since it's kinda spread across multiple scripts. pack, can I get your email (just PM me). I'll send you the replacement scripts so you can see if it fixes it for you.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
3 members (rootman, Gizmo, Nightcrawler), 562 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29