Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#221425 01/22/2009 10:30 AM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
It looks like there are/have been some issues with the "new post" icons in Threaded Mode. I am experiencing a problem on my newly upgraded board (6.4.1 --> 7.4.1) with new post indicators too.

EXAMPLE: I saw the newpost icon displayed for two ongoing threads. So I went to each thread and ALL the replies were marked as unread even though they had been read previously. To find the one new reply I had to look through the dates column. After reading the new reply its indicator showed as read but all the other previously read replies still showed as unread.

I noticed this thread and thought the fix suggested there would resolve this problem so I made the change to the 'showflat.inc.php' file but no joy... same o, same o.

Further, I clicked on the global "Mark all read" link on the bottom of the page and revisited those two threads where I discovered the problem and all the replies in both threads were still showing as being unread.

Any hope in fixing this?

PS. Should I undo the fix made to the 'showflat.inc.php' file? grin

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
This one we finally have tracked down and fixed and will be in the 7.5 release. I'd give the changes needed here, but they are pretty complex and span multiple files, so we need to do it with an actual release.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Great!!

Honestly, I don't care what your wife says about you Rick!! I think you are a neat guy. [Linked Image from the-highway.com]

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 744 guests, and 147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29