Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
I have seen a consistent number of spiders here for quite some time.
In addition when I search for items on the internet I see that very current topics are listed.

Maybe Rick will share some tips he uses for this site?

  • Ubb Settings
  • Search Engine Submission
  • Site Maps
  • Meta Tags
  • Spider lists
  • Other useful tips


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
SE Friendly URLs, SEO URLs, Content, lots of content...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Originally Posted by Gizmo
SE Friendly URLs, SEO URLs, Content, lots of content...
And your Site Map? wink


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
No secret really. Not using a sitemap at all. In fact, we've done nothing special here to boost our search engine numbers. We're running a standard setup, no robots.txt, nothing. They just like us smile

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
I seem to have a consistent number of spiders on my site also.
Occasionally they go a bit berserk, but that’s about once/twice a year only.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
i can say for certain Rick isn't using my sitemap here; but he has a lot of exposure (look at the link in your copyright on your forum, it goes where? lol).

A sitemap will help with exposure with SE's that support them, as you're telling them directly where content is located


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Originally Posted by Gizmo
i can say for certain Rick isn't using my sitemap here; but he has a lot of exposure (look at the link in your copyright on your forum, it goes where? lol).
Duh I never even gave that a thought.

Just for giggles Rick.
How many licenses are there?


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
So does NEWS in Control Panel. So Google thinks a LOT of sites like this place so he/she wants to go check it out too and see what the fuss is all about. grin

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,143
Quote
Just for giggles Rick.
How many licenses are there?


I honestly don't know if anyone has ever counted over the years. I know that when I was involved the thought was never how many have we sold, but how many more people can we get involved and sell to. Knowing Rick I'll bet ... this unopened can of pop on my desk smile that he still thinks the same way to this day. You never want to rest on your laurels and you always want to be moving forward.


This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 327
D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 327
Originally Posted by ntdoc
So does NEWS in Control Panel. So Google thinks a LOT of sites like this place so he/she wants to go check it out too and see what the fuss is all about. grin
I don't believe spiders have access to that page.

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by David Dreezer
Quote
Just for giggles Rick.
How many licenses are there?


I honestly don't know if anyone has ever counted over the years. I know that when I was involved the thought was never how many have we sold, but how many more people can we get involved and sell to. Knowing Rick I'll bet ... this unopened can of pop on my desk smile that he still thinks the same way to this day. You never want to rest on your laurels and you always want to be moving forward.


You can use google to get a pretty decent idea of the # of sites running different scripts, we did it over at ubbdev a year or 3 ago smile

You choose something like:

"Powered by UBB.threads" and include a word that refers to a page that is only used once in the forum, like faq.html or faq.php

Not very scientific, but gives an approximation. Includes pirated software but not those on intranets or those who never installed/pulled the site down after buying.


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, 1 invisible), 522 guests, and 131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)