Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#221360 01/21/2009 1:26 AM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 6
stranger
stranger
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 6
Is there some way to incorporate a live chat companion to the forums where the forum membership could be used for entrance to the Live Chat?

I have a live chat on my site, but it lacks in its ability to limit access to those who wish to be civil. My forums take care of that aspect, but it doesn't carry over to my chat.

I'd gladly pay extra for this benefit.

trapperman #221361 01/21/2009 2:08 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
There are several "Live Chat" options listed as mod's over at UBBDev in the modification section; there should be a sticky linking to several mods.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #221363 01/21/2009 2:37 AM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
I sent you a PM, trapper

SD #221407 01/21/2009 10:28 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
trapperman I use flash chat. If you want the current file to add to it to use your member database from the current UBB I will modify your flash chat files and send you the file and all that. If you like I will even call you on my dime and talk you through the entire setup on your server to help you get going.

Send me a PM if you like or go to my beagle site and contact me through the contact us link on the site. I'm the site owner in the beagle site. You will not need to register to contact me.

JAISP #221410 01/21/2009 10:47 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
USA, Canada, and the UK is a local call for me. Forgot to mention that.

trapperman #221412 01/22/2009 12:52 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 287
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 287
I use FlashChat and integrated it with my UBB login. Only registered forum members can use it. Set up is simple and you have the choice of using it's own user registration or integrate it with your forums during the set up. I stuck it in an iframe to make it easier to place and control the size which means it can be put pretty much anywhere. Ironically I was just tooling around the support forums because I need to load it on a new server, if you go with FlashChat it looks like you want to avoid version 5 if possible. There seems to be a lot of chatter about bugs and a security issue that I did not see any indication they were all fixed. Go with version 4.X if available. Definitely worth $5 for the script.


Ford diesel master technician by day...
Webmaster by night! cool
FordDoctorsDTS.com running UBB Threads 7.5.4.2p2
FordDoctor #221415 01/22/2009 2:19 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
For the people with valid integration files on FlashChat with UBB.T7.3+, please post the files as a modification on UBBDev (Only the integration files, and possible instructions).


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #221575 01/25/2009 5:01 AM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 173
member
member
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 173
gizmo setup my live chat room at:
http://AmbergrisCaye.com/messages/

click the Chat Link in the menu bar, just to the right of My Stuff

for when the shoutbox gets too small for folks....

mcasado #221577 01/25/2009 8:32 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,533
Likes: 150
Yeh, this is using the pJIRC mod at UBBDev on my (UGN Security) IRC Server


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #221602 01/25/2009 8:27 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 287
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 287
Originally Posted by Gizmo
For the people with valid integration files on FlashChat with UBB.T7.3+, please post the files as a modification on UBBDev (Only the integration files, and possible instructions).

A few days ago I read this and had no clue what you are talking about. Now I do since I upgraded from 7.2 to 7.4. Funny thing is, I transferred my forums INCLUDING the char directory within and even though I had upgraded to 7.4, my chat integration still worked... that is until I thought to upgrade my FlashChat version to 5.X. (stomps foot like Hermon Munster - "darn! darn! darn!) Anyway, I screwed myself in the process. blush

Soooo, if there is a way around this issue I also would be very untested in hearing it. smile


Ford diesel master technician by day...
Webmaster by night! cool
FordDoctorsDTS.com running UBB Threads 7.5.4.2p2
FordDoctor #221605 01/26/2009 1:08 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 287
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 287
I did a little digging and found what I think you are looking for. To integrate FlashChat with your forums FlashChat needs to be installed inside your forums directory. Upload all files as per the FlashChat installation instructions.

Download the attached file (ubb73CMS.rar) and extract ubb73CMS.php

Extract this file (ubb73CMS.php to your FlashChat "inc/cmses/" directory then change your CMSsystem in inc/config.php to ubb73CMS

The instructions that I found with the file are as follows:
Find these lines in inc/config.php:
Code
//your CMS system
'CMSsystem' => '',// defaultCMS - default CMS, blank - stateless CMS 


Change them to:
Code
//your CMS system
'CMSsystem' => 'ubb73CMS',// defaultCMS - default CMS, blank - stateless CMS 

That did not work for me! Here is what I did:
  • Downloaded the attached file. (ubb73CMS.rar) and extracted ubb73CMS.php
  • Uploaded ubb73CMS.php to my FlashChat "inc/cmses/" directory
  • Renamed the file ubb71CMS.php to ubb71CMS.php.old
  • Renamed the file ubb73CMS.php that I just uploaded to ubb71CMS.php
  • Then I ran the FlashChat installation, checked the integrate FlashChat box and selected ubbt7.1 in the list of forums and CMS's and followed the installation procedure.

It seems to work fine however, when a forum user clicks on the chat room link while logged into my forum, it stakes them right to the chat room and they are automatically logged in. When leaving the chat room it used to bring them back to the forum but it no longer does this. This is how far I have gotten with this so far...
Attachments
ubb73CMS.rar (1.48 KB, 12 downloads)


Ford diesel master technician by day...
Webmaster by night! cool
FordDoctorsDTS.com running UBB Threads 7.5.4.2p2
FordDoctor #221610 01/26/2009 7:27 AM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Try Using this file.



Attachments
ubb74CMS.zip (1.72 KB, 14 downloads)

JAISP #221611 01/26/2009 9:02 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 287
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 287
Most excellent. What are the instructions for using it? I found that with simply adding the new CMS file it did not show up in the CMS/Forum integration list. Does that happen for you or am I possible doing something wrong? I will try the 7.4 file tonight and see how it goes.


Ford diesel master technician by day...
Webmaster by night! cool
FordDoctorsDTS.com running UBB Threads 7.5.4.2p2
FordDoctor #221612 01/26/2009 9:46 AM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Edit the forum integration list and add it in there.

Just follow the last UBB entry and add it under it and make the proper file changes and name change for that file. really simple.

JAISP #221614 01/26/2009 10:55 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 287
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 287
I looked in the file and it looked like the list is "built" dynamically from the file. I was looking in the install16.php (I think) which is the step with the selection list... I will look again. I might want to try this with FlashChat version 5 as well since this is a quick installation I have time to play with it.


Ford diesel master technician by day...
Webmaster by night! cool
FordDoctorsDTS.com running UBB Threads 7.5.4.2p2
JAISP #221634 01/26/2009 11:34 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 287
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 287
Originally Posted by Thelockman
Try Using this file.

WinZip reports this as an invalid file. I can't open it.


Ford diesel master technician by day...
Webmaster by night! cool
FordDoctorsDTS.com running UBB Threads 7.5.4.2p2
FordDoctor #221641 01/27/2009 7:35 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 287
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 287
I decided to load FlashChat version 5 using the upload and re-name method I described and it integrated perfectly. I also had time to explore version 5 and in the admin page there is now a full configuration menu with lots of options... options that you used to have to modify individual files to change. The best in my opinion is the ability to edit, create and tun on/off styles which now allows you to easily make your chat room look the way YOU want it to. Sweeeeet!


Ford diesel master technician by day...
Webmaster by night! cool
FordDoctorsDTS.com running UBB Threads 7.5.4.2p2
FordDoctor #221642 01/27/2009 7:38 AM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Code
<?php

	if ( !defined( 'INC_DIR' ) ) {
		die( 'hacking attempt' );
	}

/************************************************************************/
//!!! IMPORTANT NOTE
//!!! FlashChat 4.4.0 and higher support a new user role: ROLE_MODERATOR
//!!! Please edit the getUser and getRoles function if you need use of
//!!! the new moderator role. This change has not yet been applied.
/************************************************************************/

// integration class for UBB.Threads (www.ubbcentral.com/ubbthreads/)


$ubb_root_path = realpath(dirname(__FILE__) . '/../../../') . '/';

require_once($ubb_root_path . 'includes/config.inc.php');

class UBBCMS {
var $loginStmt;
var $updateSessionStmt;
var $getUserStmt;
var $getUsersStmt;
var $userid;
    function UBBCMS() {
        $this->loginStmt = new Statement("SELECT USER_DISPLAY_NAME, USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL, USER_PASSWORD, USER_IS_APPROVED, USER_IS_BANNED, USER_ID FROM {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS WHERE USER_LOGIN_NAME = ? LIMIT 1");
        //$this->updateSessionStmt = new Statement("UPDATE {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS SET U_Laston = ?, U_SessionId = ? WHERE USER_DISPLAY_NAME = ?");
        $this->getUserStmt = new Statement("SELECT USER_DISPLAY_NAME as login, USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL as status FROM {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS WHERE USER_ID = ? LIMIT 1");
        $this->getUsersStmt = new Statement("SELECT USER_DISPLAY_NAME as login, USER_ID as id FROM {$GLOBALS['config']['TABLE_PREFIX']}USERS");
	$this->userid = isset($_COOKIE["{$GLOBALS['config']['COOKIE_PREFIX']}ubbt_myid"]) ? $_COOKIE["{$GLOBALS['config']['COOKIE_PREFIX']}ubbt_myid"] : NULL;
    }

    function isLoggedIn() {
        return $this->userid;
    }

    function getRoles($status) {
        $rv = NULL;

        if ($status == "Administrator" || $status == "Moderator")
            $rv = ROLE_ADMIN;
        elseif ($status == "User")
            $rv = ROLE_USER;
        else
            $rv = ROLE_SPY;

        return $rv;
    }

    function getUserProfile($userid) {
        if ($userid == SPY_USERID) $rv = NULL;

        elseif ($user = $this->getUser($userid))
		{
            //toLog("this",$this->isLoggedIn());
			$id = $this->isLoggedIn();
			
			if( $id && ($id == $userid) )
			{
				toLog("true",true);
				$rv = $GLOBALS["config"]["FULL_URL"] . "/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User={$userid}";
			}
			else
			{
				toLog("false",false);
				$rv = $GLOBALS["config"]["FULL_URL"] . "/ubbthreads.php?ubb=login";
			}
			
        }
toLog("rv_prof",$rv);
        return $rv;
    }


    function getUser($userid) {

        $rs = $this->getUserStmt->process($userid);
        $rv = $rs->next();

        if($rv) {
            $rv["roles"] = $this->getRoles($rv["status"]);
        }
        return $rv;
    }

    // taken from ubbt.inc.php



    function login($login, $password) {

        $goodPassword = false;

        $rs = $this->loginStmt->process(addslashes($login));
        $rec = $rs->next();

        if ($rec) {
            // check if user is banned
            if ($rec["USER_IS_BANNED"]) return NULL;

            // allow login only with permanent password. Ignore the temporary password
            if (md5($password) != $rec["USER_PASSWORD"]) return NULL;

            // $this->ubbt_setcookie("{$GLOBALS['config']['cookieprefix']}w3t_myid",$rec['U_Number'],time()+$GLOBALS['config']['cookieexp']);

           // $this->updateSessionStmt->process(time() + $GLOBALS["config"]["adjustime"] * 3600, md5(rand(0,32767)), addslashes($login));


            return $rec['USER_ID'];

        }

    }

	function userInRole($userid, $role) {
		if($user = $this->getUser($userid)) {
			return ($user['roles'] == $role);
		}
		return false;
	}

    function logout() {

    }

    function getUsers() {
        return $this->getUsersStmt->process();
    }

	function getGender($userid) {
        // 'M' for Male, 'F' for Female, NULL for undefined
        return NULL;
    }
}

$GLOBALS['fc_config']['db'] = array(
                'host' => $GLOBALS["config"]["DATABASE_SERVER"],
                'user' => $GLOBALS["config"]["DATABASE_USER"],
                'pass' => $GLOBALS["config"]["DATABASE_PASSWORD"],
                'base' => $GLOBALS["config"]["DATABASE_NAME"],
                'pref' => $GLOBALS["config"]["TABLE_PREFIX"] . 'fc_',
                );

$GLOBALS['fc_config']['cms'] = new UBBCMS();


foreach($GLOBALS['fc_config']['languages'] as $k => $v) {
    $GLOBALS['fc_config']['languages'][$k]['dialog']['login']['moderator'] = '';
}

?>

JAISP #221662 01/27/2009 8:34 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Did this work for you?

JAISP #221664 01/27/2009 11:53 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 287
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 287
I didn't try it. I should copy and save it though. What happened was, after that uploaded file failed to unzip I decided to load version 5 using the 7.3 CMS file the way I had stated earlier. It worked fine and my chat room appears to be okay.

Question: What is the difference between the 7.3 CMS file and the 7.4 CMS file you have here?


Ford diesel master technician by day...
Webmaster by night! cool
FordDoctorsDTS.com running UBB Threads 7.5.4.2p2
FordDoctor #221665 01/28/2009 12:07 AM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
Veteran
Veteran
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,294
Likes: 2
It recognizes the moderators better from what I have found.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Selling a Forum?
by ECNet - 10/10/2026 10:54 AM
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 469 guests, and 123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)