Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 37
G
newbie
newbie
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 37
I just had a member go nuts because his ban wasn't lifted when the message said it would be. He had a "Time Offset" of 1 in his profile, so I'm betting that the message he saw wasn't adjusted for his time zone.

I just tested it and this seems to be the case:

1. Set a Time Offset in a user profile you control.
2. Log out that user
3. Put a 2-day ban on for that user
4. Attempt to sign on.
Result: The message will show the time the ban will expire in server-time, not user time.

I realize this may be a problem to fix because, since they didn't get signed on, their settings probably didn't become active. But, like I said, I had a guy go nuts, and clearly the message is confusing.


While we're discussing this, if you don't do step 2 above (the user is signed on when the ban takes affect), the user (after refreshing the page) sees a pretty much blank screen with the admin message, but no controls and no expiration time.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Good catch. I'll see if I can't get this fixed.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)