Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#221069 01/13/2009 11:43 PM
B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Occasionally when I try to access my UBB site forum, I will get this error message:

====

UBB Message
We encountered a problem. The reason reported was
Database error only visible to forum administrators

Please click back to return to the previous page.
=====

I noticed other sites that had UBB installed also had this problem when I searched for it on the Internet. Google had "cached" the message.

Error

I am running UBB Threads 7.4.1.

The problem usually "resolves" itself and later I am able to access the forums again, but this seems to be a common occurence. Any one else notice it and have any feedback on what causes it/how to fix?

Many, many thanks!!!

Donna
UBB Newbie

Last edited by BlueRibbon7; 01/13/2009 11:49 PM.
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
If you have SQL error logging turned on then you should be able to get more info in the logs via the Control Panel.

My guess is it's going to be one of two things since you said it resolves itself. Either max_connections are being met and it won't allow for any new ones during the time you're trying to access, or your host as a max queries per hour set and that's being exceeded.

If you don't have SQL error logging turned on, turn it on and you'll be able to find out for sure what's going on so you can approach your host if necessary.

Rick #221975 02/04/2009 10:43 AM
journeyman
journeyman
Rick,

I have a moderator who is having this exact same problem, but just since getting a "new to her" PC. I have not had any other complaints lately about this happening to other members, but it did happen to me once while at a conference at a trade show. One PC was able to view our forums and the second 6 inches away was not. We got the same error message as the OP.

Could it be some sort of setting in the PC's that could be causing this. It's been over a week now and my Mod still can't get in!

Cheers!

Cara

Last edited by ladybug_mom; 02/04/2009 10:44 AM.

Cara-
Community Producer at:
Canadian Parents.com Message Boards
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
The only real way to know would be to have SQL error logging tured on in the Control Panel. With this enabled, when someone gets an error you can see the actual SQL error that's being generated.

If we find out what that error is, then normally we can track down the problem fairly quick.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (2 invisible), 721 guests, and 156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29