Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
J Offline
When I upgraded my test install to Beta 2, I re-imported everything from Threads 6 on a localhost server, then just dumped out the database and uploaded that to my live server. I noticed that the "Newest Members" box still showed the data from the previous import, so I cleared the cache.

Now I get Smarty errors right above every content island... "Notice: Smarty error: unable to write to $compile_dir '/home/se7enet/public_html/se7enet/forumsbeta/templates/compile'. Be sure $compile_dir is writable by the web server user. in /home/se7enet/public_html/se7enet/forumsbeta/libs/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1088"

I've made sure that the /templates/compile folder is CHMOD'd to 777, and when I do the Permission Check in the control panel everything passes alright. And it can write some of the cached templates to that folder - footer, cfm, getshouts, right_column, and a few others were successfully created after I manually deleted all the previous files in the folder. But it doesn't seem to like any of the content island ones.

My test install is at http://se7enet.com/forumsbeta if you wanna see for yourself. Anyone else had this problem and could maybe shed some light on how to fix it?

---Jamin

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Hmm, that's a strange one Jamin. Would it be possible to get FTP or SSH access to your server so I can poke around a bit and see what's going on? Definitely doesn't make sense that some work and some don't and it's nothing I've seen before.

J
J Offline
I PM'd you my FTP info, Rick. Thanks much. smile

---Jamin

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 396 guests, and 110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29