Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 215
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 215
Currently (7.4.2) , the spider-friendly URL is still a little buggy in multibytes forums (ex : Chinese) . It sometimes breaks the portal layout.

I have to manually change line 1227 to $title = "" , to disable the spider-friendly URL.

I hope future version to include an option to enable/disable the spider-friendly URL.


Code
//      $title = substr($title, 0, 30);
        $title = "";     


English is not my native language. I try my best to express my thought precisely. I hope you understand what I mean. If any misunderstanding results from culture gaps, I apologize first.
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
CP > Primary Settings > Advanced Options > Enable Spider-friendly URLs?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 215
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 215
Originally Posted by ScriptKeeper
CP > Primary Settings > Advanced Options > Enable Spider-friendly URLs?

No , it is translating http parameter from &key=value to /key/value .
It works well .

Just like
https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/222200

But now , for SEO reason , it appends title to the tail of URL , such as :

.../ubbthreads.php/topics/222200/Suggestion_An_Option_to_disabl.html#Post222200

This sometimes breaks the portal layout in multibytes language . That's why I need an option to disable it.


English is not my native language. I try my best to express my thought precisely. I hope you understand what I mean. If any misunderstanding results from culture gaps, I apologize first.
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Yeh, I would like to see an option to disable SEO urls and still retain spider friendly urls (classic had it :P)


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Geoff), 614 guests, and 85 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)