Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 7
B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 7
Just wondering how I activate RSS Feeds for all forums. I can see where it's done in the Forum Settings. I see the RSS Feeds informaiton, but nothing happens when I try to activate. Please help, and thanks!


Dotsie Bregel
Founder
National Association of Baby Boomer Women
www.NABBW.com and
www.BoomerWomenSpeak.com
the # 1 sites on major search engines for baby boomer women.
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 327
D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 327
You have to include it in your Header Insert using the following format:
HTML
<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="Your Feed" href="http://www.url.tld/forums/cache/global_rssXX.xml" />

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
Enable : My Feeds works for all of em as well.. only thing is it produces individual feeds (permissioned by group) for all forums smile

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 327
D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 327
Yeah, that way makes it so users will have a list of Feeds they can subscribe to under their My Stuff area. The way I described will give you a Feed icon in the address bar that they can subscribe to. I put the site-wide RSS in there.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 206 guests, and 158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)