Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
old hand
old hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
I'm having trouble linking to a thread in a private forum.

If the user (with proper permissions) navigates to the forum, then clicks on the specific thread, it loads for him.

However, if the thread link is posted in a discussion thread or custom island, and the user clicks on the link, he gets a UBB error.

I've posted similar direct thread links to this forum with no problems.

As the admin, I have no trouble clicking the link.

Can't figure out what is going on for the standard user.

Any thoughts?



Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,242
Likes: 1
Hmm, is it just a particular user or all of them? Are they logged in when clicking on the link?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
old hand
old hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
All of them, and yes they are logged in.

I've confirmed the issue by becoming a user and clicking the link.

I don't get the issue while logged in as myself (admin).

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
old hand
old hand
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 811
Dumb dummy! I figured it out.

I had two copies of this thread going. One in my admin forum, and one in the private forum. I was trying to send users to the admin forum copy, which they don't have access to.

Sorry!

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
smile Glad we could help smile


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, 1 invisible), 522 guests, and 131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)