Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#223852 03/09/2009 5:35 PM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 53
H
journeyman
journeyman
H Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 53
Can you add a subscription feature for PMs please?

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Its there already.
MYstuff>>Prefrences
Do you want to be notified via email when you receive a private message?


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Ruben #223861 03/09/2009 9:18 PM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 53
H
journeyman
journeyman
H Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 53
No, I don't see it because it's not there.

I can make some of my forums subscription based for someone to subscrbe to and then post in it. For example a Classified ad forum.

I would like to be able to make the PM feature subscription based as well so the PM feature can be handed out to users who have earned it or possibly pay for it.

Can you add it to 8.0 Rick.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Permission system in 7.5 allows you to set the standard user group the ability to NOT have PT's; then you can set a postcount group (or paid group) and allow them to have access to PT's...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #224059 03/13/2009 2:03 PM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 53
H
journeyman
journeyman
H Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 53
How does that work? I mean what exactly should I do? I'm not that good with this stuff smile.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
set the "users" group to not allow PT's; create a new group, set it as a postcount group with however many posts you want, then allow that group access to pt's... You'll need to dig around the permission system after making the new group.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 171 guests, and 128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)