Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Version 7.5
When merging threads, the view count is not added correctly. It appears to be multiplying some portion of the view count. One recent occurrence on our board, merging about 10 threads into one, each having small view counts resulted in a final thread with a view count over 10,000,000!!!
I was able to reproduce this by merging other threads on the board. Each time the expected thread view total was more than doubled what it should have been. You can see that successive merges would result in astronomical view counts.

Can anyone else confirm.. so this can get into the bug fix release V7.5.1?

Stress the system until it breaks. Hey.. it works for Spacecraft.. why not here?

UBB since 1999: MonteCarloSS.com
Update, I've confirmed that the board software is doubling the destination thread's view count, and does not add the incoming thread's views.

So for example.. thread A has 1568 views, thread B has 95 views. Go to thread B, tell it to merge with thread A and the resulting merged thread has a view count of 3136 (double the 1568).

I have a feeling this bug has been present prior to V7.5 as I've seen some strange view counts from time to time on prior versions.

Stress the system until it breaks. Hey.. it works for Spacecraft.. why not here?

Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
I just tested this using inline moderation, and it goes ok there.

Through I did find another bug in there, The POST_IS_TOPIC value in ubbt_POSTS was still set to 1 for that specific post, should have become 0.

[Linked Image from siemons.org]
Not sure if it matters, but this was not using inline moderation.. it was in-post 'Manage Topic' pull down menu.

Update again.. I just tried the inline moderation merge and it does not multiply the destination view count, neither does it add the incoming view count to the desitination... so it remains unchanged... also a bug. So using my original example above, with inline moderation version of merge.. the resulting thread would only have 1568 views without combining the 95 new views from the incoming thread.

I then re-confirmed that the in-post "Manage Topic" pull down version of Merge Topics is doubling the destination view count and not adding in the incoming thread views.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
3 different bug reports in here it looks like. All fixed for 7.5.1.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 866 guests, and 176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29