Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#223455 03/02/2009 1:33 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 67
C
journeyman
journeyman
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 67
I am trying to merge a few user accounts but it is not working. Here is what happens.

1. When I place the username of the account I want to merge I get the following message - "We could not find a user in the system with User ID 0."

2. When I try to merge fern_dup1 with fern it defaults to merge with the admin account.

Please advise. Thanks

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
You're supposed to enter the User ID's, not user NAME's...

Example, here you're user ID# 109, so that would be the data I'd plugin to merge you with another user.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
One good thing about the merge user, if you try it, it will tell you exactly what it does just before doing it.

So don't be afraid to try to "experiment".


[Linked Image from siemons.org]
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 104
Member
Member
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 104
Does it tell you which one will prevail?

I have a member who had an account a couple years ago, wants to merge with his newer account, but have it all merge into his old ID.

Old ID was 1175, new is 16027


Founder/Host
Piano World
https://PianoWorld.com
Home of the world famous Piano Forums.
http://forum.PianoWorld.com
88,000+ registered members
Over 2.5 million posts, and growing...
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
yes it tells you.. i've done it and it works fine / lasts a long time wink

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Works well, i believe you merge the older to a target... so the one you execute from dissapears to the one you merge to... It should say tongue


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 304 guests, and 96 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)