Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
V
stranger
stranger
V Offline
Hello. I hope someone can help me. I'm using 7.3.1 and I have several users who can't stay logged in even though they use the option to stay logged in.

I've asked them to clear their cookies. Even had them do this two or three times and it still didn't fix the problem. I went in and cleared their cookies and things worked ok for me but not for them.

I then told the users to have a new temp password sent to them. That didn't fix the problem either. I have about 5-10 users out of approx. 450 who have this problem so it isn't universal.

Is there anything more I can tell my members to try? Please help. Thanks so much!

Veteran
Veteran
Some users have their settings in their browser set to delete all temporary internet files and cookies. If they have their stuff set like this and deleting the cookies when the browser session ends then they will not stayed logged in.

It is a setting in the users browser.

D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D Offline
If the cookie sets to www, makes sure they always access the site by going to www. This is a problem with my users every now and then.

If they're using Firefox, it might be clearing their cookies on program exit. Have them make sure this setting "Always clear my private data..." is not on, or at least not set to clear cookies.

V
stranger
stranger
V Offline
Thank you both very much. I'll be passing this information along. I'm relieved it is a setting in their browser and not a problem with the system.

V
stranger
stranger
V Offline
It didn't work. frown I checked and the cookies aren't set to www. They're set to the default / .

Any other ideas?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Did you fill in the cookie prefix?

My place to be: http://www.freesat.nl
V
stranger
stranger
V Offline
Nope.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Try that...

V
stranger
stranger
V Offline
You're referring to the custom cookie prefix in the control panel, right? I've never messed with that before so I want to verify I just input www and hit update? No slashes or dots or quotes around anything?

I really appreciate all the help. I've only been working with UBB Threads for about year and as you can tell I'm a newbie. blush

enthusiast
enthusiast
Custom Cookie Fix yes, i filled in ubb-freesat and it's working just fine for a while.
Make sure you have set the Cookie Expiration Time (for example 30758400 seconds...)

Rob

V
stranger
stranger
V Offline
Sorry about my delay in replying. Ok, I tried that and it forced everyone to log out - even people who didn't have a problem - and it didn't fix the problem. [Linked Image from smilies.vidahost.com] Thanks for trying to help. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 1,277 guests, and 207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29