|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 87
journeyman
|
|
journeyman
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 87 |
Can someone please tell me how I back up my forum settings and data?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 693
Addict
|
|
Addict
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 693 |
I just use the regular database backup - I have it set to auto back up every week. Which database system are you using? Both MySQL and MS-SQL have maintenance plans in them to automate that.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 87
journeyman
|
|
journeyman
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 87 |
Think its MySQL - so I would go to server and look at tools available from MySql?
thanks
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1 |
usually your hosting gives you some sort of cpanel.. go there and you may find you have phpMyAdmin that would make it easy.. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 87
journeyman
|
|
journeyman
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 87 |
I managed to back up the MySql database for my forum via MySql admin panel - would that be all I have to do?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
That would backup the database, yes; you'll also want to, at minimum, backup the /includes directory on your forum...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649 Likes: 88 |
And any directorys that store file attachments or picture galleries.
Blue Man Group There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 87
journeyman
|
|
journeyman
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 87 |
|
|
|
|
1 members (vscope),
384
guests, and
137
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
|
|