Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
H Offline
I just performed an upgrade from 7.3.1 to 7.5.2. The upgrade went reasonably smoothly, most of my trouble was needing to tweak CSS styles until my boards were readable again. The only things not working (that I've discovered so far) are trouble with images.

When attempting to upload to a Gallery, I get this error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: resize_image_() in /path/to/my/forum/libs/image.inc.php on line 66

Anticipating questions, yes, permissions are correct on all relevant directories and files, yes I made certain I have file upload size set to 2M in php.ini, yes I was uploading small sample files of less than 100kb each just to test the gallery, yes I made certain the uploading permissions were set properly in the Control Panel. Gallery uploads were working prior to the upgrade.

Other image-related problem: inline display of regular small attached image files as images is not working, I'm just seeing text links for attached files. This was also working correctly before the upgrade.

I'm at wit's end; can someone please help me out?

F
journeyman
journeyman
F Offline
Maybe try logging in to the control panel, go to gallery settings and click on the 'update gallery settings' button. Forcing ubbthreads to rewrite those settings has solved problems for me in the past.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by Flaming Carrot
Maybe try logging in to the control panel, go to gallery settings and click on the 'update gallery settings' button. Forcing ubbthreads to rewrite those settings has solved problems for me in the past.
Judging by the error message, this is likely your best bet.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
H
H Offline
Clicking 'update gallery settings' seems to have gotten rid of the error message -- thanks very much for the tip!

Inline images still are not displaying, however. Upload of a small GIF is being shown as an attachment with number of downloads.

The same method may be the case for inline images if something hosed during upgrade.
Double check
Control Panel ยป Display Options-Topic Display Options
Max Size for inline uploaded images
For file size.
click on "Update General Display Options" even if it is correct.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
H
H Offline
Once again, simply clicking "update" with the same settings has corrected the problem.

Thanks very much to the folks who supplied the fix.

I am very surprised that the upgrade messed with those settings, it might be something that needs to be looked into to prevent problems for others during the upgrade process? At any rate, my problems are fixed, and thanks again.

No problemo.
Can't say for sure it is a software issue. You connection may have died during the upgrade.
I know for myself more than once I have found problems during a upgrade only to find that the file in question was 0 bytes. So just re uploading the file fixed it.
Just fyi all the settings are in one file config.inc.php.
So when upgrading, the software has to upgrade the file if needed.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
3 members (rootman, Gizmo, Nightcrawler), 562 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29