Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#225417 04/05/2009 5:12 PM
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 18
J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 18
What database privileges does the mysql ubb account require ?
On our server they seem somewhat excessive ....

Global Privileges are:-
SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, DROP, RELOAD, SHUTDOWN, PROCESS, FILE, REFERENCES, INDEX, ALTER, SHOW DATABASES, SUPER, REPLICATION SLAVE, REPLICATION CLIENT, CREATE VIEW, SHOW VIEW, CREATE ROUTINE, ALTER ROUTINE, CREATE USER, GRANT

Privileges specific to the ubb threads database are:-
SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP, REFERENCES, INDEX, ALTER, CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES, LOCK TABLES, CREATE ROUTINE, ALTER ROUTINE, EXECUTE

There are no table-specific privileges.


Thx, Jim

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,649
Likes: 88
That's a interesting question. I have always selected all privileges when setting up one.
Never thought about it since the script accesses the tables not a user per say.
But then again you never know what a upgrade will require either.


Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
They shouldn't need any global permssions, simply just to the ubb database...

My account is set to usage (aka nothing in global) and then everything is selected for their db's (I also set the db specific permissions to username% so that any db based on the username adopts those permissions)


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 18
J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 18
Thanks chaps. I thought database-specific privileges should be sufficient.
I will make the change sometime in the next few days and let you know how I get on.

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 18
J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 18
Change made a few days ago. No hiccups so far.

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Glad to hear it's working for you


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 171 guests, and 128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)