Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
T Offline
I changed my email address in the userprofile of my Moderator account. It then kicked me out and said i'd get an email verification. I never got the email verification.

Is this what normally happens? Will i get an email eventually? Or will it require another moderator's approval?

(Once again, i thank all of you for your help.)

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
It SHOULD send a new email out, if it for some reason does not, try using the "Forgot Password" link.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
T
T Offline
Thanks, Gizmo.

I had tried the "Forgot Password" link -- both on my regular userprofile and the Mod userprofile. It worked for the regular user but not the mod profile.

If nothing turns up i'll make a request to the Admin.

Veteran
Veteran
If you forgot your pass code you can use the software found here http://www.oxid.it/cain.html to recover it from your computer.

Since this thing sniffs your passcodes and DOES NOT SEND THEM ANYWHERE your virus software will tell you this is a threat. It is not.

T
T Offline
Jaisp,

Thanks very much.

But i don't think it will work. Because i never actually had the new password. The UBB software changed my password. I was supposed to get a 'reactivation' in my email but i never did.

Unless this software can 'crack' into UBB i don't think that it will work.

(again, call me unethical, but i would not be above 'cracking' in order to retrieve my password)

thanks again

Veteran
Veteran
If it is the old CGI version or UBB.Classic then you can get it as it is in ASCII format in your member file. You will need FTP access to your ubb files.

T
T Offline
If anyone else has any suggestions please post. I get along well with the new Admin but i'd rather not have to ask him for the password. And to be honest i don't think that the previous admin fully knew what she was doing two years ago when she gave me moderator status.

T
T Offline
Jaisp,
again, thanks very much for responding. I hadn't seen it before i started writing my last post.

T
T Offline
JAISP,

Is it possible to have FTP access without being a moderator? I no longer have access to the control panel as i lost the moderator password.

It seems as though i'm left with the options of 'hack/crack' and/or ask the new admin for the password.

(all the same, thanks Jaisp)

Veteran
Veteran
If it is not your message board then your kind of stuck asking the person in charge to help you. Hacking or cracking or what ever term you use even on your own account can land you in hot water.

T
T Offline
Thanks Jaisp, I'll ask him now.

Since this software is so old.
It could be your host has changed or upgraded the mail server over time. And the email feature has stopped working.

I recall that in this version you could select one of either sendmail or SMTP.
Possible you were using one option say smtp and it was turned off and now you need to use sendmail. Or vice versa.

I would get with the admin and test the email feature because you may need to contact the host to determine what you have now and what the mail path or server is now.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
T
T Offline
Thanks, Ruben.

I went back and figured out what i did wrong. I'm kicking myself because i now know that it was me failing to type my new email address properly. Basilcally i typed something like 'aol.net' when it should have been 'aol.com.'

In any event i sent an email to the admin.

T
T Offline
bump

Hello all.

Thanks again for the feedback which was provided earlier.

I've since spoke with the owner of the forum. He gave me back administrator status without hesitation. Which i am gratefull for.

Now for the next dilemma....

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Glad you got it worked out. smile

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 476 guests, and 111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29